GBH - July Tournament

I didn't see anyone there from the forum yesterday so I will ding myself!

I made another final table, and finished 2nd. :)

Comments

• Dead Money wrote: »

Great job Rob, it really is quite impressive at what you have accomplished at the GBH the past couple of years. Any chance you are going to move up to THE SHOW and play a few events at the WSOP?

Prophet 22
  • nice finish! btw, how many rebuys do most players end up making on average? I have thought about this tournament but don't typically like rebuy tournaments.
  • Congrats, Dead Money. Was the rebuy tournament a sell-out as usual?
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    btw, how many rebuys do most players end up making on average?
    From all the GBH tournaments I looked at before, I believe there is an average of one rebuy and one add-on. If you only want to spend $240 and don't really want to rebuy or add-on, then you should spend your $240 in freezeout tournaments with a better structure.
  • Great job Rob, it really is quite impressive at what you have accomplished at the GBH the past couple of years. Any chance you are going to move up to THE SHOW and play a few events at the WSOP?

Prophet 22

I went to the WSOP a couple of years ago and was not prepared for the experience. My game has improved alot since then..........I will return one day.

Right now I have a young family, cottage and am self employed, in other words way to busy to commit the kind of time needed to play properly.

The tournament was a sellout as usual at 110 and the average buy in was around $ 440.00, my buy in was $540.00 as I took the 3000 chips right away and the add on at the end.

Good Job! Was there a "chop-chop"?
  • IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    Good Job! Was there a "chop-chop"?

No I played for the win and lost
    No I played for the win and lost

what did he/she offered you?
  • IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    what did he/she offered you?

He offered me an additional 1500. I was not interested in any deal as I have alot of final tables at this tournament and I was after the win.
  • What were the chip stacks? With the $8,143 difference between first and second place, $1,500 was probably too low an offer unless he had more than a 4-to-1 chip lead on you.

When I had almost half the chips in the Las Vegas final table, I was pleasantly shocked that everybody was willing to concede the championship, the trophy and almost all of the first place money just so they get guaranteed money. I was chatting with the tournament director of one of the main Series and he was laughing at all the final table "wimps" who were overly eager to agree to deals and end the tournament early every single day of his Series. The players didn't have any balls to go for the win along with the trophy/bracelet and bragging rights, and they were clueless about how much equity they were giving up. In one Caesars Palace Mega Stack event, the players almost evenly split the prize pool even though there were still two tables left! :rolleyes:
    Dead Money wrote: »
    He offered me an additional 1500.