Capture the flag...for dollaz

ok Pete and I are always thinking of ways to gambool.

Ie: puzzles for money, What colour will our servers shoes be?, mini golf throw down, art, life version of liars dice, what will random people respond to set questions, etc.

one of my fav. ideas so far has been

"Capture the flag"

Basically we both put together teams and rent a camp space near a forest...we then proceed to have a weekend long game of capture the flag.

I thought I'd put it to you guys see if:

a: you have ideas about how to make this a weekend long game instead of the couple hours it would normally take

b: if there's any forum interest in being involved on any of the teams. (we're thinking everyone kicks in 50-75 for the prize pool and site cost)

c: if you think it would be better to have first day/night 'capture the flags'
Second night: random drinking, campfire and/or cards (maybe even Ironman II)

Thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• I like the option where we play one night and drink the 2nd.... a few of the forumers I know play guitar, QUITE a few like drinking... we could have a lot of fun!

Mark
  • Scharfisdeadbump

(I really need thoughts and players)
  • wow... that brings back old memories.

never played it drunk though must be something else to be impaled by some dead tree lying on the ground... quite an adventure :)
  • ok, ideas to even the playing field between the 'willing to run through the woods' and 'those who sit and watch 2girls1cup all day'?

I can't believe that no one is into this? Where's your sense of adventure?

Edit: I should mention that this IS a drunk post...I reserve the right to apologize tomorrow...but at this moment I think 51 of you are wuss's
  • Sounds like fun.
    Can we bring paintball guns?
  • I tried to work in a way to shoot each other but I can't figure out how to make it practical/applicable to the game...

Any ideas?
  • If I lived in Ontario, I'd be absolutely into it.
  • However Kristy, if you are interested, I will play Stratego against you online for money.

It's a board game where the object is to capture your opponents flag.
  • Stratego?!? Holy crap is that on-line? This internet thingy is AWESOME. Where?!?!?
  • I visited one of my friends in Austria and we played Laser Combat in a forest in Styria. From 10am until 9pm and it was a blast. Little bit demanding on stamina but a lot of fun.