Queens, mid-tourney

Hi,

Wondering here, with the stack I have is this an auto-call or fold ...
Pot is 26200 would raise to 42000 if I call.
The guy hasn't played many hands since I joined the table, I haven't played many but won two huge pot with AA and AK (both over 25k) which are the only 2 hands I've played actually over the course of 20so hands at the table.

PokerStars Game #18534811251: Tournament #93876136, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2008/07/02 - 16:01:35 (ET)
Table '93876136 219' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: ronakaw (10701 in chips)
Seat 2: Lowbrain (41265 in chips)
Seat 3: InsaneGuy (57883 in chips)
Seat 4: clickme68 (11036 in chips)
Seat 5: Quentin187 (10227 in chips)
Seat 6: Vlug (19970 in chips)
Seat 7: rackem_30 (15825 in chips)
Seat 8: isadorra55 (19900 in chips)
Seat 9: Molly2007 (4757 in chips)
ronakaw: posts the ante 100
Lowbrain: posts the ante 100
InsaneGuy: posts the ante 100
clickme68: posts the ante 100
Quentin187: posts the ante 100
Vlug: posts the ante 100
rackem_30: posts the ante 100
isadorra55: posts the ante 100
Molly2007: posts the ante 100
Molly2007: posts small blind 500
ronakaw: posts big blind 1000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InsaneGuy [Qh Qs]
Lowbrain: folds
InsaneGuy: raises 3000 to 4000
clickme68: folds
Quentin187: folds
Vlug: folds
rackem_30: folds
isadorra55: raises 15800 to 19800 and is all-in
Molly2007: folds
ronakaw: folds
InsaneGuy: ??????????

Thanks !

Comments

• IG: based on all of your previous posts you are one of my favourite CPFers.

If you fold here I take it all away.

Snap Call - Fist Pump.
  • Easy call, but good luck racing his AK.
  • Yup snap call....either AK or JJ

I would widen that range somewhat - based on blinds/etc, going as far as 88+, AJ+.

Im not great with math (stove please) but if the range is limited to JJ+, AK - then the possibility of a fold comes into play.

If I am in the villains position - with limited knowledge of the hero. I see a couple big stacks - and lots o shorts - and put the hero on a bully range.
  • I did snap call... pot odds were great plus I would still be in great position even if I lose...
    Guy had KK, hits K on flop.

I actually expected some A10+ or small pp but I really didn't thought I'd be behind on the hand, bad read, it happens...

Oh well, I was wondering cuz mid-tourney is where I have the most problem and wondered if I shoulda just kept my big stack (which was 2nd in the tourney at that moment).

Thanks guys

too tight a range for a 10+1...these things are redonkulous, but yes obviously snap call.
  • Akala16 wrote: »
    too tight a range for a 10+1...these things are redonkulous, but yes obviously snap call.

Sorry I was tryng to edit my post yesterday and wanted to say that the range I give is a PP to JJ and AK...

Once again keep in mind what the OP did here.....he 3x-4x preflop and villian is not in bad shape for the table so I have to give him a range of PP to AK.

Be aware of chip stacks when people shove and that helps to define their ranges...most guys who are mid stack aren't shoving light into bigger stacks....especially mid-deep tournies...
  • Sorry I was tryng to edit my post yesterday and wanted to say that the range I give is a PP to JJ and AK...

Once again keep in mind what the OP did here.....he 3x-4x preflop and villian is not in bad shape for the table so I have to give him a range of PP to AK.

Be aware of chip stacks when people shove and that helps to define their ranges...most guys who are mid stack aren't shoving light into bigger stacks....especially mid-deep tournies...

Agree. No reads is the problem although we're either flipping or taking the edge here. OP not having opr open is a leak.
  • Obviously an insta-call. Depends on the player whether/how much you should be fist-pumping though.