satellite hand question

heya...
9 players left, 7 get a ticket.

This happens :

PokerStars Game #18329008208: Tournament #92865090, $5.50+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (1000/2000) - 2008/06/23 - 11:53:37 (ET)
Table '92865090 7' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: mr.marcy (12730 in chips)
Seat 2: swissweasle (5080 in chips)
Seat 3: Smartest1 (18296 in chips)
Seat 4: tonttoM (24203 in chips)
Seat 5: InsaneGuy (13414 in chips)
Seat 6: uncle jinky (7220 in chips)
Seat 7: Vetje19 (9959 in chips)
Seat 8: siffed (11160 in chips)
Seat 9: feelinnz (14938 in chips)
mr.marcy: posts the ante 200
swissweasle: posts the ante 200
Smartest1: posts the ante 200
tonttoM: posts the ante 200
InsaneGuy: posts the ante 200
uncle jinky: posts the ante 200
Vetje19: posts the ante 200
siffed: posts the ante 200
feelinnz: posts the ante 200
siffed: posts small blind 1000
feelinnz: posts big blind 2000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InsaneGuy [Qs Qh]
mr.marcy: raises 10530 to 12530 and is all-in
swissweasle: folds
Smartest1: folds
tonttoM: folds

Call/Fold ?

Comments

• what is your read on mr marcy? would he do this with any PP or do you feel he knows how to play the sattys?

Also, other than tontooM everyone is short, but more importantly swissweasle and uncle jinky are very short.

Could be he is making a move but UTG push you are prob flipping at best here.

I would actually be tempted to fold here.
  • he was an intellipoker guy if that tells you anything :)

I put him on AK, didnt see him play alot table just got together... folded and got the ticket but I really wanted to make the call, good decision in the long run, not sure if that's being result oriented though
  • you have 6.5xBB and you are one of the big stacks. lol.

the weak-tight player in me says fold yourself into a ticket and let someone else take a risk. this guy would fold AA here.

the realist in me says you can most likely fold yourself into a ticket but if the short stacks steal some blinds or double up, all bets are off. this guy calls with AA, probably KK and usually QQ.

the gambler in me says you got the nuts. at least a 70% fav.

this sat should be over in 2 rounds or less. you call here and it is over in 2 hands or less.

i hate it but fold.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    you have 6.5xBB and you are one of the big stacks. lol.

the weak-tight player in me says fold yourself into a ticket and let someone else take a risk. this guy would fold AA here.

the realist in me says you can most likely fold yourself into a ticket but if the short stacks steal some blinds or double up, all bets are off. this guy calls with AA, probably KK and usually QQ.

the gambler in me says you got the nuts. at least a 70% fav.

this sat should be over in 2 rounds or less. you call here and it is over in 2 hands or less.

i hate it but fold.

kinda my train of thoughts... I'm like, geez, GREAT hand, folding QQ feels like a waste of precious chips lol...
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    he was an intellipoker guy if that tells you anything :)

I put him on AK, didnt see him play alot table just got together... folded and got the ticket but I really wanted to make the call, good decision in the long run, not sure if that's being result oriented though

I made it my life's work to make all those intellipoker guys feel my wrath. They are all horrid.

Since its a satellite seat I muck my hand here...but you are probably good 95% of the time...the range here is small pair to AK at most.

Congrats on the seat.

On a side note I played with a bunch of those Intellipoker guys at the lower limit SNGs and collusion is rampant with some of them. We were final 3 and 2 were intellipoker with the blinds 200-400 the short stack called basically leaving himself 1400 chips and they checked it down to the river where the short stack bet out the min and the other player folded.

After the small stack took a pot off of me (he is now the big stack) and now the other intellipoker player is short (at this point I am at around 5000 and the other two are at around 4000 and 2000....) The large stack completes the blind and proceeds to check down A6 suited against the short stack who shows Q7 off.....

A6 is definitely at shove against a short stack with blinds and antes like this. I complained in the chat box and I am in the process of pulling the hand history to verify the collusion throughout the tourney.

Didn't really matter at the end as I finished first but at the same time its not fair to less knowledgeable players at that level.
  • This is a gross spot. It's a lot closer imo because everyone is so short, but this is normal for a sat.

I say make a crying fold, but I usually call (lol).
  • I made it my life's work to make all those intellipoker guys feel my wrath. They are all horrid.

Since its a satellite seat I muck my hand here...but you are probably good 95% of the time...the range here is small pair to AK at most.

Congrats on the seat.

On a side note I played with a bunch of those Intellipoker guys at the lower limit SNGs and collusion is rampant with some of them. We were final 3 and 2 were intellipoker with the blinds 200-400 the short stack called basically leaving himself 1400 chips and they checked it down to the river where the short stack bet out the min and the other player folded.

After the small stack took a pot off of me (he is now the big stack) and now the other intellipoker player is short (at this point I am at around 5000 and the other two are at around 4000 and 2000....) The large stack completes the blind and proceeds to check down A6 suited against the short stack who shows Q7 off.....

A6 is definitely at shove against a short stack with blinds and antes like this. I complained in the chat box and I am in the process of pulling the hand history to verify the collusion throughout the tourney.

Didn't really matter at the end as I finished first but at the same time its not fair to less knowledgeable players at that level.

I didn't see this post until now and I've also seen some "weird" things when more than 1 intellipoker playuer are on the table (and that isn't rare since there's a BILLIONS of them on Stars.

But even by colluding they still suck so bad that they are easily exploitable by going out of the ABC poker strat... they'll fall right into the trap lol.
  • That would be one hard fold to make. However, I have to agree with everbody that a fold is a must. No point in playing the sheriff here, especially if you got him read for a coin flip hand... I just don't know if I could make that fold.
  • Did anybody put this in an ICM? My bet is that it's a fold and not even close.
  • Did anybody put this in an ICM? My bet is that it's a fold and not even close.

Why do an ICM calculation when this is a satellite and isn't even a tournament payout structure?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Why do an ICM calculation when this is a satellite and isn't even a tournament payout structure?
    Just put in an even dollar amount for places 1-7 at a 9 handed table. A satellite still has a payout structure.
  • Just put in an even dollar amount for places 1-7 at a 9 handed table. A satellite still has a payout structure.

You are not playing for first...you are playing to get ITM. Why risk losing a hand when you are the 4th or 5th biggest stack when there are much smaller stacks there.

If this was a shortie shoving, then you can justify calling/re-shoving, but no need to put for your stack at risk even if you are 80-20 favourite.