World Cup

With the semi-finalist set now, just wondering if anyone was watching this, or your thoughts on the tourney so far...

I'm a huge Germany fan... So obviously I'm happy so far... Thrilled in fact over our win vs Portugal. Also happy Italy is out (world cup wounds, etc)

Very happy with most of the games this year... Lots of action... Very surprised with the Netherlands going down... It was their tounry to lose, after the round robin stage... PWNing the group of death!

Comments

• Also happy Italy is out (world cup wounds, etc)

That stings!

BTW, it's the Euro Cup, not the World Cup
  • MarcoGD wrote:
    BTW, it's the Euro Cup, not the World Cup

D'oh!!! It's that loss to Italy in '06... It's stuck in my sub-concious!! ;)
  • Yesterday's game was pretty dry.

Wanted Por, Holland, Croatia, and Spain to advance. Failed miserably.
  • Pretty lame Euro Cup so far in terms of the quality of matches - and I've watched about 1 a day during the round robin.

The finals could conceivably be Russia vs. Turkey *shivers and shudders*
  • the Croatia vs Turkey game was excellent; talk about an exciting finish. The Russians dominated their game and deserved to win.
  • Yeah, Holland ALWAYS pulls this crap. The British call it, "flattering to deceive."
  • It's true, my beloved Oranj have not failed to disappoint me in the years I've been watching footballl.

"Best team never to win a world cup"

We can ask TJ Cloutier what it's like to be called the best player to never win the Main Event, I'm sure he'd happily tell you it's a real honour....and also totally bloody meaningless.