Kitchener NL Hold'em July 12th 3:00 PM

2»

Comments

• diddy wrote: »
    I may need to directions, I have only a vague recollection of where the house is.

Directions sent. See you tomorrow.
  • is there room for 1 or 2 more? I'm interested in playing. also need the exact address!
    Thanks
  • Rivaflush wrote: »
    is there room for 1 or 2 more? I'm interested in playing. also need the exact address!
    Thanks

PM sent. I hope to see you tomorrow.
  • ok, sign me up
  • I am gone golfing today till around 2:00 PM. If anybody else would like to sign up, post in this thread. If you need directions, say so in your post, and I will send them to you as soon as I get home or maybe one of the other Forum members will send them before I do.
  • Sorry, I have an emergency in Toronto, I don't think I'll be back in time for 3pm. I should make it for some cash game later tho...
  • Hey, a little late notice, but sign me up! I have directions from one of your other tournaments that I played in, so I should be okay.
  • I am probably going to be a little late. Please blind me in.
  • So, it isn't too often I can get to a computer these days. Low and behold, I find myself at the library this week and see that Peteski has signed up, and I say to myself, "there goes my chance to win this weekend". But I make the long trip down from Markham anyway not wanting to miss one of Dave's tournaments. I arrive just as people are getting seated. Dave said "pick a card and please let it be a heart." I turned over the 5 of hearts and that put me on Dave's left. Peteski was on the other table across from me which I thought was ok because he could take out his table and we can see where we are at when the final table comes around.

I think I recognized about 7 of the 24 people who were there, so I thought it would be an interesting challenge. It didn't take long and with the blinds at 25-50 and raise were coming in at 400 and 1200 were pretty standard play. Limping was not allowed and met with grave consequences. Bluffing and show it quickly became the norm at this table. I was pretty much card dead right off the get go so folding became my standard play. I am down 1k and find a not a great hand, but a playable hand with AQc, and make the huge over bet raise 3K. The blinds were 100-200 and I get a call from a guy who was playing pretty much any 2 cards and trying to establish himself as the table captain with his who raises and showing his big bluffs. Flop comes Q high and I fire out 5k expecting the re-raise all-in, he finally says he folds and I make him feel good bout his fold by showing him a Qc. He shows JJ. I get the call to move up stairs. Glad I still don’t have to deal with Peteski. The only person I know at this table is g2 and he is sitting 2 to my left and, I am in the BB and he takes it saying welcome to the table. I quickly return the favour. Two hands later, I wake up with snowman in the BB, 4 people had limped in so I punish them a bit and am left with g2 and an older gentlemen I did not know. Flop came 8c 10c 10d. I make a 2200 and g2 raise it up to 5200. The new guy goes all in. I call and g2 says he is all in and I say I call that as well saying I have the boat eights full. g2 had a 10 and the other guy had the nut flush draw and is asking for a club. I chuckle a bit saying he was drawing dead because of my full house. I sweat out the last 2 cards winning the hand. Two hands later Dave says we are breaking again. I pick the Ace of hearts so it is back to Dave’s table and I avoided Peteski for the third time.

The final table starts and I have Peteski to my right so that made me feel a little better, but he was a huge stack. It took him 5 trips to bring all his chips from his table to the final table.

In the end, Peteski schooled me heads up and took it down. All and all it was a great day, and was great to see so many new faces. Thanks to Dave for hosting and to Laurie for dealing the final table. It was definitely worth the drive and I look forward to the next one.

Prophet 22
  • Here are the final results for "Event #6"

joeheartsdi no show
    Nick no show
    24. Terry
    23. Marty
    22. diddy
    21. Bill B.
    20. g2
    19. Hellmuth's Mole
    18. Carsey
    17. Buzzzardd
    16. Mark A.
    15. Mike S.
    14. waltsfriend
    13. Riva Flushes Dad
    12. Mike B.
    11. Sherri

Final Table

10. Warren
    9. woog30
    8. RivaFlush
    7. FlemingPoker
    6. Diane (Bubble)
    5. Mrs. woog30 ($130)
    4. Lee ($175)
    3. damanj16 ($230)
    2. Prophet22 ($330)
    1. peteski ($575)

Congrats to peteski for being the first poker forumer to win one of my tournaments. Hope everyone had a good time.

Next one will probably be in October or November, but I might change my mind and have one sooner.

Thanks to all for your support.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »

Next one will probably be in October or November, but I might change my mind and have one sooner.

Thanks to all for your support.

Sorry I missed it. Maybe my bathroom will be done by then :D
  • Sounds like my kind of game. I had something booked that day I found out so I couldn't make it. But I will try for the next one.