Comments

• Where was Mark - last? I don't even see any people there.
  • Congrats to both of you.
  • Well done!

EDIT: Found the results. Mark did finish last, but we're still very proud of him!

29 MARK BREATON GUELPH 2:23:52 MCL39

Sportstats.ca Event Timing and Results ChampionChip Race Results and Event Calendar
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Congrats to both of you.
    Absolutely agree, just to drive oneself to participate is a great accomplishment.... So what did you have to do distance wise, etc. bike, swim, run?
    NM, I found the info, here...

trisportcanada.com

So are you both doing the olympic triathlon today?

P.S. Mark, you are a much better poker player than Tyson so wouldn't be too concerned... ;)
  • Found Tyson. I guess he was in a different race?

478 TYSON REISER KITCHENER 1:52:31
  • Hmmm. Some doctoring of pics going on? lol...

We need a full scale probe...
  • Not everyone starts at the exact same time. Your real time is measured by a little device you tie to your shoe or something like that.

Congrats to both you guys!

/g2
  • Tyson was in a different age group, I was in the M30-35, Wave #2....

I did get last place overall, except the people that didn't finish! Excellent job Tyson! You also SERIOUSLY helped me out in that last few km's - dehydration's a bitch!

I had a great time! We'll see how things go next time... haha Oh, and I learned a very important thing... bicycling is MUCH harder in real life vs. stationary bikes - you should probably NOT get back on a bike for the first time in 12 years about 3 hours before your race! :)

Mark
  • Great job by both you guys. You should both be very proud.
  • Congrats guys! I wish I could swim - but since I can't I'll stick to running and biking :D
  • congrats whoever you are
  • Awesome boys..the work paid off Tyson!....when's the rematch? What about Guelph Lake 2 in August? You could get some shirts made up. GL2 "The Revenge" or something. We could get a whole group out. Come on Forumers, Try a Tri. If Mark can so can you!
  • My girlfriend is a triathlete and she just wanted to say "good job" to you guys! She started with duathlons (run-bike-run) and short triathlons back in 2001 and now she is training for Ironman Lake Placid this summer, her first Ironman. She loves to see people take up the sport because she really loves it.

It is one of the few things where "regular people" can compete in the exact same event as professionals. In that way (and ONLY that way) it is kind of like poker!

Mike