GAME STRUCTURE:

BUYIN: $50/week
GAME PLAYED: No Limit Texas Hold’Em FREEZEOUT
STARTING CHIP: 1500 in chips
10 White worth 5
14 Red worth 25
6 Blue worth 100
1 Green worth 500

BLIND SCHEDULE: Blinds will be 20 minutes in duration for each level. There will be a 10min break at the end of the fourth blind level to allow for bathroom breaks, smoke breaks, and chip colour ups.

Each league session will consist of 12 weekly games, played on THURSDAY NIGHTS starting at 8:00 pm sharp. If you’re going to be late, please let me know ASAP. You cannot be later than the end of the second level of blinds. If you confirm your seat for the game, and do not show up by the end of the second level of blinds, your chips will be removed from the table completely. Standard buy in for each weekly game will be $50. $10 from everyone’s buyin every week will go to the Season Ending Tournament pot to be played at the end of the season. The rest will be paid out every Thursday night.

Each weekly event, the pot will be split on a 60/40 with 5 or 6 players, 50/30/20 for first, second, and third for 7-17 players, and 50/25/15/10 for 18 or more players. Any chops will be at the discretion of the final players. If all agree to chop a different way, then it shall be chopped.

POINT SYSTEM:

There is a Point System in place that will calculate each player’s points earned each game based on total number of players for each game and position of bustout. These points will be accumulated and each player will be ranked after each game. I will email the spreadsheet after every game to all league members for their own records (including the Money Leader Board). Points are calculated based on total number of players each week and your position in each game.

These points will be accumulated and will be worth equivalent value of extra chips for the Season Ending Tournament. These chips will be awarded at the start of the final tournament. The POINTS CHAMPION of the season will get all their money donated to the SET pot back ($10 per each game they played during the season) as the reward for being POINTS CHAMPION.

League Rules:

For the most part, ROBERT’S RULES OF POKER will govern all games. If you don’t have a copy of these rules, then I suggest you download a copy for your personal review. You can find a download version on Home Poker Tourney - How to Run a No-limit Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament and it’s free. In the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved, reference will be made to this document and settled. All resolutions based on these rules will be final.

Other than above, the rules are pretty standard:
1) No string betting – best to announce your bet/raise before moving your chips. That way, if you are unclear on the chip values, everyone will know what you meant. Once you announce your bet/raise, you must move in the appropriate amount of chips
2) No coaching during a hand – if you’re out of the hand, but a buddy is still in, DO NOT tell him/her what the board reads, nor edge them along in any way. It’s their hand, their decision. There should be NO hand discussion by ANYONE during a hand, regardless of the fact you are in or out of the hand.
3) If asked by a player in the hand, the dealer will do chip counts of the pot and/or other player’s chips. Again, if you’re not in the hand, don’t ask.
4) Seating is done randomly. There will be no choice in seat selection.
5) Game time is the time the cards are DEALT. BE THERE OR BE BLINDED OUT.
6) If you commit to play, PLAN ON ATTENDING. Nothing worse than planning a night of poker only to find someone expected to show up doesn’t show up. If you can’t make it, call ahead of time.
7) All games during the 12-week period are freezeouts…no rebuys, no addons. If you bust out, you’re out. You will be notified ahead of time if the particular tourney is not a freezeout. The final Season Ending Tournament will also be a freezeout.
8) Get a bad beat?? Live with it!! It’s part of the game and should be expected to happen to everyone at one time or another. Anyone flipping out on a bad beat will be beaten badly.
9) Cards talk. So if you declare your hand a trip and it’s actually a full house, it’s considered a full house.
10) Show one/show all. If you show a card, either on purpose or accidentally, all players must see the card. DO NOT show a hand you intend to fold to another player still in the hand. Intentionally showing a card to an opponent during play will automatically forfeit your hand.
11) If your hand goes to showdown, BOTH hole cards must shown to win.
12) MUST be 19 yrs of age or older.
13) The decision of the HOST if final, whereupon the HOST has exhausted all avenues of reconciliation via use of these House Rules and RROP.

These rules are subject to change at the discretion of the governing body of the league based upon ROBERT’S RULES OF POKER.

The previous week’s winning player provides snacks and soft drinks. Alcohol is your decision to supply, unless offered by the host. If I have beer, you’re welcome to it, but I don’t normally stock it. Smoking is permitted only outside or in the enclosed porch area during break time (after fourth blind level). You MUST be in your seat at the start of the next blind level or be blinded in.

For the most part, these games are meant to be fun and enjoyable social events, but still keep a fairly high level of competition. Although most of us take the game seriously enough to want to try to win consistently, we still have fun and enjoy each other’s company first and foremost. Everyone loses with the same attitude as we win with. Anybody NOT having fun or NOT enjoying himself or herself need not return to any future games/tournaments.

SEASON ENDING TOURNAMENT:

At the end of the twelve-week regular game period, we will hold the SEASON ENDING TOURNAMENT. You MUST have played a minimum of four (4) regular season games to qualify to play the SET game. The buyin for this game will be $10 for every missed game for every player (if you didn’t miss any games, your buyin is zero) and will be added to the monies collected every week. You will still get whatever bonus chips you have accumulated through the point system.

All players will initially receive 1500 in chips PLUS the bonus chips from the points they have earned.

(These rules are subject to change in order to improve the league and competitiveness of the game. Or if I've been giving a horrible bad beat and have had a few beers, then I really don't give a damn!) ;)

Comments

• BLIND STRUCTURE:

BLINDS are 20 minutes in length

5/10
    10/20
    20/40
    30/60
    BREAK 10 MINS Colour Up (whites removed from game)
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400 Colour Up (reds removed)
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    600/1200
    800/1600 WIDOW MAKER ROUND!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I can't seem to edit the post
    Edit -> Go Advanced then submit

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Edit -> Go Advanced then submit

/g2

Thanks Greg! Done and Done!
  • hey i am interested in joining but what do you mean by 50$ per week? Is that basically saying there is one tournament a week wwith a 50$ buy in? Also what does freezeoutmean and where are you located exactly can I get more information?
  • Yes, $50 each game you play, one tournament per week. If you're going to play weekly, than its $50 per week. A freezeout means once you bust out, you're out... no rebuys. Normally, there is no cash game, but once in awhile, some who bust out early will stick around to play cash.

I'm starting back up in a couple of weeks. If you're still interested, I'll PM the address to you then. You'll see my post here about a week ahead of the first game. You just need to sign up for that week, and show up on time to play.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Yes, $50 each game you play, one tournament per week. If you're going to play weekly, than its $50 per week. A freezeout means once you bust out, you're out... no rebuys. Normally, there is no cash game, but once in awhile, some who bust out early will stick around to play cash.

I'm starting back up in a couple of weeks. If you're still interested, I'll PM the address to you then. You'll see my post here about a week ahead of the first game. You just need to sign up for that week, and show up on time to play.

That's telling him AJ . lol . I am playing just so you know..
  • Okay, this is driving me insane . . .

WTF is durka durka supposed to mean?
  • "Durka Durka" Reference:

Team America World Police

One of the funnier puppet movies ever done. Get the unedited version and you see the scat scene!
  • You have to see the movie Milo.
  • What time does the game start on Thursday's? I do shift work and might be able to make some games.
  • I have seen it . . . once. Funny, but it's no Court Jester.
  • Icedog wrote: »
    What time does the game start on Thursday's? I do shift work and might be able to make some games.

Games start at 8:00 p.m. sharp. If you're late, you have two levels to show up, during which you will be blinded in. At the end of the second level your remaining chips come off the table, assuming you are still absent..
  • Icedog wrote: »
    What time does the game start on Thursday's? I do shift work and might be able to make some games.

I am a shift worker as well and as a result, can only get to two games a month but they are worth it. You can easily get the 4 game requirement in to play the SET game. The trick is, hoping that the SET game falls on the day shift.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    The trick is, hoping that the SET game falls on the day shift.

Or the 24 hour flu!!!

Milton Slim

Posting to keep that damn message away!
  • I hereby to have read and will abide with the rules!
  • Alexd wrote: »
    I hereby to have read and will abide with the rules!

Oh I LIKE this guy!! He actually confirmed he has READ the rules!!
    ^-^
  • There are rules!

Who knew

Is it in Video?

Hate Reading, as witnessed by my "Thought it was a club" faux pas

Milton Slim
  • hi terry from brampton looking for a poker game in(brampton)
  • Hi Terry. The league right now is on a short break, and the next season will most likely resume on Thursday Nov 18. You're more than welcome to join in if you like.

Also, check out my Saturday Nov 6 bounty tournament. 10,000 in chips, 25 min blinds, and cash game to follow.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/brampton-nl-bounty-tournament-nov-6-a-23519/
  • Hey are you still running this league for 2011? I'm looking for a new spot to play.
  • Sure am. And you're welcome to come out any Thursday night. I'll respond to your PM with my address and contact info shortly.
  • Sounds good can I join? Pm me
  • Thursday is the last night of the current season. I am sure you would be welcome, but you might want to wait a couple weeks until the next season starts.

Up to you . . . and welcome.