Converting AVI files to play on ipod

What is the easiest (and cheapest) way to convert AVI files to play on my ipod classic? these are mainly files downloaded from pokerbay in avi format. Do I need to purchase software for this, if so, what do you recommend? Would be nice to watch the EPT Monte Carlo final on the plane ride. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Watched an episode of "the lab with leo leporte" which talked about such things. Here were his recommendations.

He talked about these free tools to convert video files from one format to another. Not sure if they will do them in batch, but the last one mentioned has a one-click converter.

Videora
    Gordian Knot
    Auto Gordian Knot

Then for editing, he said you can't beat Adobe Premiere Elements for about $80. I am considering it myself.
  • Well let me know if you find a good free one. I tried a bunch and they all stunk.
  • I use a program called SUPER... Link

It's free, and will convert (almost) any video format to (almost) any other video format.

Along the top are the options... for iPod conversion use...

Output Container: Apple - iPod 5.5G
    Output Video Codec: H.264/AVC
    Output Audio Codec: AAC
  • I use a program called SUPER... Link

It's free, and will convert (almost) any video format to (almost) any other video format.

Along the top are the options... for iPod conversion use...

Output Container: Apple - iPod 5.5G
    Output Video Codec: H.264/AVC
    Output Audio Codec: AAC

ok, thanks. I will give it a try and let you know if it is successful.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    ok, thanks. I will give it a try and let you know if it is successful.

program seems to work great; excellent program for converting avi files to play on your ipod and its absolutely free! watch all your favourite pokerbay downloads on your way to work.
  • IMHO, Watching video on an ipod starts off as really cool.. then you drain the shit out of the battery.... then you get sick of the little screen..

but thats just my opinion, I could be wrong... <not>
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    IMHO, Watching video on an ipod starts off as really cool.. then you drain the shit out of the battery.... then you get sick of the little screen..

but thats just my opinion, I could be wrong... <not>

there are better ways to go most definitely; comes in handy in those instances when you have unexpected wait time, like last week when I was stuck waiting in US customs for two hours. The two hundred other people are standing around pulling out their hair while I'm sitting back watching the EPT Monte Carlo final without a care in the world. Otherwise, I prefer the laptop.