What the HELL?

Hello forum readers ! Please, tell me what you think about my WHAT THE HELLS. thanks.

Today was the day I set out to try out the 40$ rebuy River Rock tourney for real, as last time around, I couldn't get a seat. Some wierd ass shit happened today so i thought id share it, and also ask a question about a very strange hand.

Operational details if anyone cares: 165 peeps...
Today we started with 1000 chips, blinds went up every 15 minutes, and you could rebuy 2 times for 20$ a pop, if you had less than 500 chips. After 45 minutes, one has the option to add on 2000 chips for another 40$ bones.

I didnt rebuy, no one would call all my all ins, lol, always folded, so anyways, after i added on i had 3800...

Ok, my criticisms are that the average hands per blind cycle were between 5 and 7 if you were lucky. That is pretty lame. Many of the dealers were very very bad, as they kept the good ones at the cash games. My first dealer didn't even understand the concept of blind escalation. Also, most tables were run by loud obnoxious players, not the passive dealers.

FIRST WHAT THE HELL
two dealers in a row at my table in a span of 15 mins, shuffled the cards, pulled in the antes, then proceeded to burn and deal the flop lol... the first time this happened, the dealer even looked to me (utg) for my action. NO ONE HAD HANDS... DEALER FORGOT TO DEAL LOL

SECOND WHAT THE HELLS
TIMEOUTS FOR SAYING THE F WORD.. pretty dumb imo. Not enforced with regularity, only in biased situations. It has to always happen, or never hapen.
For example, Preflop, A guy (nice guy) raises to 4000 in the cutoff. button folds, i am SB, i fold. Then the cutoff chucks his hand into the muck. (raiser thought BB folded- he hadnt) Suddenly no one knows what to do, dealer sure doesn't, pit isnt around so a player tells BB to flip up his hand and he will win. He flips up 23o, and the dealer gives him the pot... Funny play. The original raiser said the F word 500 000 times at this point. no penalty though lol.

THIRD WHAT THE HELL

We are down to 27 players. I have a stack of 21k. 15 make the money. I see about 4 good players left in the tourney. It is the last hand b4 the blinds go up to 3000 6000, with a 600 ante. I am UTG (seat 10) with QQ. I raise all in, action is folded to this women (seat 5) that was playing her first tourney ever and was on fire. She was the biggest stack most of the way untill around 40 people.
She doesnt know what to do. She is showing her cards to her neighbours, including the guy in seat 6, with LIVE cards, who i see looking at her hand! It gets worse! Her husband is in seat 3, who i see her give the what the fuck should i do look to, he is a good player, and saw me see all this, and didnt do anything.... anything that i could read anyhow... i am pretty sure he saw her hand, and who knows what she was doing with it before i was looking at her.. the guy in seat 1 took like 3 minutes to fold so i was watching him!

I IMMEDIATLY point at her and proclaim that she has to take a 10 minute penalty for showing her hand to people, as it says in the rules.... Im like wtf...!!! :confused::confused:

While this is happening i am watching her like a hawk, and see she is REALLY thinking about laying it down.. I start to think she has a WEAK hand like JJ QQ or AKs, and decide I kind of think I want a call here.. either way im still protesting my case about her penalty when the two guys that are controlling the table (rather then the dealer) tell me I have no case (as i am screaming PIT). Since the pit is busy and doesnt come over, and the dealer is obviously flabbergasted, I decide i dont wanna be a complete jerk and really go crazy, besides, i probably want the call. In a brief few seconds the women does what she is gonna do. She calls with resign, flips over her hand and the dealer deals. This all happened so fast, and being the pushover I was I let it happen. She has KK.

I lose 95% of my stack.. I thought i was done... but i wasnt, i had 1500 left and next hand the break starts. I go over to the floor manager and the tournament director and say wtf, where were you, and why didnt the dealer do anything? SHouldnt her hand have been dead? Guess what the cardroom manager said... YES IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD and WE WILL KEEP AN EYE ON THEM $@#$$% $#%@#$%
435 508 382 384 kicks to the stomache at once!

Believe It! The dealer ignores my claims, doesnt call the pit who i asked for, he listens to the players with authority at the table, I listen to those players, and bam.
I do obviously not care about the hand itself. I am happy the way i played my QQ, and had she just called like a normal person, I would have graciously tapped the table and said GL to everyone and left. I was having a great time up untill then, everyone was having fun... But man that was sour.

Reminds me of my first ever online poker account online... on planet poker, IMAVICTIM... was my calling card. Made my first K and got hooked. Irony oh god bless it.

Let this be a warning to all of you out there, to not let such a thing happen to you. KNOW THE RULES and make sure that they are enforced...! It is an edge..., and in my case it sure de-manifested itself.

Wondering if anyone has a comment on this situation... or something similiar.. I have decided next time something like that happens I will not listen to anyone but the bosses, and be a pain in the ass till the problem is sorted out by the boss, and not the table.
If you read this far you are :diamond:

Comments

• That sounds about right. First dealer we had used the auto-shuffler on like the 3rd hand for some reason...then had to wait for it to finish then manually shuffle it...sucks losing time when the levels are so short. Later a few people were allin and a player had to give the dealer directions on how to create the sidepots. The enforcement of rules was also pretty lax. People not flipping their cards when allin....people (me) saying 'f-ck'...numerous people flashing their cards to their neighbours...etc.

On the plus side registration was smooth, and rebuys were very efficient...on the the other hand the structure sucked and there were many small problems with the dealers. Overall I don't think it was worth the hassle I went through, unfortunately.
  • I IMMEDIATLY point at her and proclaim that she has to take a 10 minute penalty for showing her hand to people, as it says in the rules.... Im like wtf...!!!

I'm pretty sure that the exposing your cards rule does not apply to this situation. The rule is meant to prevent players from opening/exposing their cards to get a read on another player. No angling.

Sounds like this lady should have been told to be careful not to let other players see her cards and received a verbal warning.
    TIMEOUTS FOR SAYING THE F WORD.. pretty dumb imo.

It's too bad that some players haven't learned how to behave in public yet. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone played and carried themselves as if their mother was sitting beside them; there would probably be a lot less rules.

Just my 2 cents worth
  • harthgosh wrote:
    FIRST WHAT THE HELL
    two dealers in a row at my table in a span of 15 mins, shuffled the cards, pulled in the antes, then proceeded to burn and deal the flop lol... the first time this happened, the dealer even looked to me (utg) for my action. NO ONE HAD HANDS... DEALER FORGOT TO DEAL LOL

I would have pushed all in.

hehe
  • I definately would have folded to your all in Skittle :D
  • Hilarious post, HG. Thanks for making me laugh on this rainy Thursday morning. Sounds like they're still training their dealers for NL hold'em tournaments... maybe a little more practice was in order before they threw them to the lions. ;)

Cheers,
    all_aces
  • I know of a hand very simillar to the one with showing your hand to someone else.

Watching a NL single table at the great blue Heron, two people left, one raises the other sits for a moment, calls and then lifts his hand up and shows it to the crowd.

The raiser immediatly calls for the pit boss and the boss declares the hand dead.

What a way to loose $500.00.

HG, you are right, know the rules and stand by your rights.

(ps. the winner gave the looser $ 100.00, he though the looser was going to beat the piss out of him).
  • sounds like one hell of a poker game!
    can the dealers really be that bad?!? lol