Party Poker hits new levels of Idiotic Promos

PartyPoker.com - News - Free Ride

http://www.par ty poker.com/news/items/free_ride.html

edit: I had to do some magic because the script is interfering with the link. Better hope no-one ever tries to host a forum "party"

Yes, to get full advantage of this promo you *only* need to play 8 hours per day every day for a 30 day period. Party Poker's marketing geniuses must have been reading the 2+2 prop bet thread to cook this one up.

Multi-tabling doesn't count for extra time and there is a max of 16 hours per day permitted (yeah ok). You can't qualify on low limit tables and then switch to higher limits when it is commission free because you get a refund at the end of the 30 days based on average commission paid for the entire period.

This promo deserves to be in the HOF of Uselessness.

Comments

• LOL... that made me laugh.... who are they kidding.

But remember:
    "Only the first 16 hours played in each day will be counted toward the players target and commission–free hours"
  • Let's see....
    If I quit my job...get my wife to do all the chores.....ignore the kids more than usual....I should be able to at least squeeze 7 1/2 hours per day. Hmmmm...how can I get that last half hour in?
  • That really is a strange promotion, useless for most, but I assume for those that are already playing that much it is about as nice a promotion as possible.

Party generally has all sorts of hard to figure out promos running concurrently and it would not shock me if net in terms of EV it provided more benefit then the Stars VIP program, but they are so badly created and confusing that most that would benefit from them can't be bothered to figure them out.