Options

Degree Poker Championship Cancelled???

Has anyone else heard that the degreepoker championships has been cancelled for 2008?

Comments

• well heard that on here last year, but the way they ran it last year, you could see it coming, but have not heard anything since, too bad had a ok time when i got picked to play at fallsview.
  • I'm pretty sure I remember it being only a 3 year run, 2 at Fallsview, 1 at Rama.
  • site is down now so I would say it is a distant memory. Last year was like the 'best of' finale. Hopefully some other Canadian based free live tournaments will happen again eventually.
  • They failed because I never got picked, serves them right.
  • Well i have done some research... it looks like they had their sponsorship pulled from them. Too bad they had an awesome tournament.

However, it seems like we are in luck. 1deapoker.com is having a huge tournament in Toronto with $100K worth of prizes, including a couple seats to this years WPT in Niagara. 1dealpoker.com. Looks like the real thing. Just signed up my email address to get notified about their registration and it looks like they started a facebook group also. pretty kewl stuff.
  • It seems that the degreepoker was cancelled due to their sponsorship being pulled. But it looks like another group is having a huge live tournament in toronto 1 deal poker .com
  • Good setup Mr. first poster! Are you at all affiliated with the above mentioned?
  • OK, I'll bite. I recognize several names from the posted finalists in the 1 deal.ca site for an EPT seat that a few forumers were involved in. Is there a huge tournament on June 7, or is this new 1dealpoker.com site for a WPT NAPC seat totally unrelated?
    akanai wrote: »
    But it looks like another group is having a huge live tournament in toronto 1 deal poker .com
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite. I recognize several names from the posted finalists in the 1 deal.ca site for an EPT seat that a few forumers were involved in. Is there a huge tournament on June 7, or is this new 1dealpoker.com site for a WPT NAPC seat totally unrelated?
    I have tried to contact Matty from the original site to get his explanation. Once I hear from him will decide what action to take. The site posted above has no detail in it at all.
  • This looks like someone just trying to capture a bunch of email addresses so that they can spam you with their poker deals. Nothing on the site is completed except for the page that captures your email. OP if you want to promote your tournament buy an ad!