BBCZ's All-in Callability Quotient

"As the number of all-ins over a specific number of hands by a player increases, so does the likelihood of your opponent calling you."

Scenario: Player A pushes all-in over the top of someone heads up. Player B folds. Theoretically, Player B will now respond next hand by opening up his range of hands he puts Player A on. When player A goes over the top again, Player B's range expands again and again as some player specific rate. When player B's range expands, you win money (he calls your all-ins light).

Now, what happens if Player A shows a big hand every time? Well Player B's range shrinks more and more until he stops playing with you and leaves the table.

Now, this theory can be expanded out to a full table. Everytime that one player goes all-in, the other 9 players at the table make mental notes of it. Each adjusts your range based on their own rates.

BUT, there's almost always one (or maybe like half of one) person at the table that completely thinks you are full of shit and is just dying to get enough of a hand to call you down. Their rate expands too quickly.

When you show your made hands *willingly*(I'm not talking about showdown), the ranges contract away from your own profitability. You lose the ability to profit from incorrect adjustments your opponents make to your actions.

Moral? Don't show made hands when you make the table fold. Big bluffs? Sure, but only if you plan on playing ultra tight for the next 100 hands after.

Comments

• Is this #2 in your common sense series?
  • BBC Z wrote: »

Now, this theory can be expanded out to a full table. Everytime that one player goes all-in, the other 9 players at the table make mental notes of it. Each adjusts your range based on their own rates.

OK, but if we're playing SnG's the second consecutive shove by any reasonable player will be tighter than the first one. And if for some reason we're showing big hands..we are increasing our fold equity against weaker players at mid game/bubble time.
  • this is extremely general imo. almost to the point of not being of benefit. (i said almost...)
  • This thread should be deleted. If you pushing all in your either in bingo time or have to protect your AAs or KKs
  • This thread should be deleted.

I'll be more than happy to do that if Graham also deletes and IP bans your account.
  • Thats a fair trade, you never post again and i'll take a ban. Saves other people the pain of having to search throu the crap to get to the stuff that is worth reading and will help there game
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Moral? Don't show made hands when you make the table fold. Big bluffs? Sure, but only if you plan on playing ultra tight for the next 100 hands after.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    Is this #2 in your common sense series?

I don't think it's that common. I think it is a leak present in a lot of players' games. Including mine at some times.

With that said, there are times when showing a bluff or a made hand can be used to your advantage. When you have an established history with a player you can use a bluff or a made hand to try to throw them off their game or lose confidence in their read on you. But I do agree that in general they are a stupid thing to do.

/g2