GTA4 : Overhyped?

So I bought GTA4 for the Xbox 360..

and I'm not exactly blown away by it or anything. I mean, it's identical to San Andreas.. IGN gave it a 10 out of 10.. that's a bit much.

I'm only about 7% of the way through, is there something more revolutionary down the road, or is this is?

Comments

• I think it lived up to the hype, its a great game with so much to do. I'm sure if theres only 1 game that people could own, a lot would have this on the list. 10/10 a bit too much as there are flaws, but I would consider it one of the best games ever.
  • I'm still working on Vice City, lol. Any codes you can enter to speed up the process? i.e. unlimited weapons, etc.
  • just check out like gamefaqs.com .. but as soon as you cheat you'll ruin the entire experience.
  • Can you see everyone's hole cards?
  • I heard its Xbox best game ever! I am going out to future shop to pick it up today. Lets just hope its doesnt burn up and give me the ring of death again, i have returend my system 6 times and i only had it for a year now.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    just check out like gamefaqs.com .. but as soon as you cheat you'll ruin the entire experience.

true but considering I haven't touched the game in like five years, probably won't make much difference at this point. Time to inflict total destruction and chaos! Kind of like my short game, not.
  • Its definitely one of the better, if not the best, game out there for the 360. The multiplayer mode just adds to the enjoyment of the game. Whether it deserved a 10/10 from FAQ/IGN or whatever, I don't think so. The game itself still has some flaws, but it deserves something like 9.7 or something using the way they evaluate and rank games.
  • It is what you expect it to be on the Xbox 360/PS3, better graphics and improved game play.

If you didn't like the other Grand Theft auto's then this will not have done much for you, but if you like them then this is an improvement .

The more you dig in the game the more you get out of it, from watching TV, to surfing the net.
  • If you want a great laugh, check out Crapea on the web in gta4, it's a great send-up of ikea. Ricky Gervaise on the talk station is good too.