Omaha Live

This past Saturday, I show up at the local establishment, and find a 7 name list for an Omaha Hi game... it quickly grows to 8... And about an hour later the game is actually being opened!

My wife asks me why I want to play this game, and I assure her that there may be but 1 other name on the list that may have a clue about how to play! She remains skeptical until I offer her a 5-1 bet that I will make atleast 2 buy-ins. She says $20... and I take my seat.

The game is 1/3 NL Omaha Hi with a max buy of $200. I take seat 10, and immediately win the button draw. WooHoo! First hand I get dealt AA98 double suited (all black)... WooHoo! 7 limpers... WooHoo! I pop it to $35 from the button and narrow the field to 3 callers. Flop is 789 with 2 spades... Its checked around to me... so I bet $80 and get called by 2. Turn brings an Ace... And since I'm pot committed I call. Rivers a brick and JT53 rainbow takes the first hand! The bitch named variance proceed to kick me in the balls for the first hour... And I get stuck 3 buy-in before my wife checks in with me. I tell her, her check is in the mail!

To make a long story short... I manage to claw my way back and win my side bet, but it was a close thing! The game was unbelievably soft, and I can only hope it goes again next Saturday.