Fallsview Trip Report

Get away with the wife for the weekend to the Falls. Got in some poker Friday night.

Got on the list about 7ish for 2-5 and was seated around 9PM as they opened the last vacant table in the room. First table as you walk into the pit.

I don't get the luxury of playing live too often so I get pretty jazzed about making it out. Wow, my game was juicy. Action was good. Not a single dealer mistake all night. Floor was friendly so was the waitress. No ignorant players at my table. Who could ask for any thing more? I grabbed the 9 hole at the table. 8,9,2,3 are my favorite spots for obvious reasons.

I was in no hurry and I didn't play a hand in the first half hour. A few splashy players at the table but mostly just a passive, weak-tight low limit game.

Hand 1

Folds to the cut off who makes it $25. Button calls and I bump it to $65 with KK. Everybody folds.

Hand 2

My next button. They entire table limps to me and I make it $70 with 78cc. They all fold and I take it down.

Guy comes to the 3 seat and I recognize him immediately. Hair is a mess, hadn't seen a shave in a week and he looked like he just crawled out of bed. I told my end of the table that he was an actor but I just couldn't place him yet. I heard him speak a while later in a British accent and it hit me that he was in "Band of Brothers" and then a while after that I remembered "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." If you don't know this movie it starts with a guy losing a shit ton of money in a crooked poker game. Dexter Fletcher . He said he was in Toronto doing post production on a horror movie. It is called Autumn.

I asked for 13 cards at the brush and they all said they didn't know who he was but about 15 minutes later he stopped by to say hello. Nice guy, very friendly and asked me twice if there was anything he could do for me. Several of the guys on the floor stopped by after that to say hello. All were very accommodating. I just don't see how people get so pissy about this place.

A few people came and went and I moved 2 seats to my right. Seat 3 through 6 were all terrible stations. All passive and all incapable of laying down A high or pair.

Hand 3

3 limpers to me in the CO and I raise $30 with TT. I get two callers. I cbet a Jack high flop and they both fold.

Hand 4

Seat 6 is a terrible station and he is the only caller after I raise AQo $25 from Mid positon. He snap calls my c-bet of $35 on T72 flop. I check a turn 5 behind and 9 on the river. No sense trying to bluff this guy. He tables 66 FTW.

Hand 5

Dexter in seat 3 pretty terrible but he has doubled up his stack by betting at every single flop from every position on the table and taking a bunch of small pots down. I call A9c from the hijack after he makes it $15 from EP. The BB comes along. He leads $40 on a 9 high flop. I make it $100 and they both fold.

Hand 6

I limp 22 UTG and call a raise to $20 by the BB. He is absolutely horrible. UTG+1 comes along. Flop is a beautiful A82 rainbow. BB checks and I know that UTG+1 has stabbed at every small pot all night so I give him a chance and the bastard checks.

Turn is a 5 and BB leads $25 and make it $90. Fold and a call from BB.

River is a T and BB checks again. I make it $100 and he calls with AJ.

Hand 7

New guy to the table is 55ish and complaining about coming from a 5-5 table where some guy was making every hand $35 to go pre-flop without looking at his cards. He says it wasn't a very friendly game. I assure him that we are real friendly at this table and prove it by stacking him within an orbit.

I raise AKo to $30 behind two limpers and the new guy calls from the button and the BB comes along. Everyone else folds and the flop is K93 two spades. BB checks and I make it $60, button calls, BB folds.

Turn is a red 4 and bet $100. Button agonizes for about 30 seconds and then shoves his last $210 in the middle. I know that he is not good enough to be hollywooding me here with a huge hand so I snap call. He doesn't open his hand and the river is an A. He says, "Aw shit you rivered me," and shows KQ. I just agreed with him and showed my hand to scoop a nice pot.

Hand 8

I complete from the SB with K3dd in a 5 way limped pot. The flop is KK7 rainbow and seat 4 who is the worst player I have ever had the pleasure of playing with bets $20, I call, so does BB.

Turn is a 2 and he leads again for $50, I call and BB folds.

River is a 6. He leads again for $50, I make it $120, he tanks for 20 seconds or so and then calls. He mucks quickly when I show him my King.

I played about 5.5 hours and netted $715 after buying 3 seven dollar beers (incl. tip). This game was a petting zoo. If you can beat $25NL, you can beat this game.

No one played aggressive post flop and there were stations galore. I never saw someone bet a draw all night. I saw A high bluff the river, get called and still have the best hand. Then I saw King high bluff the river, get called and still have the best hand. I saw a guy float a J85 flop two hearts with AT of diamonds OOP and get it all in after running tens and lose to an obvious full house. I could seriously go on and on.

Cliffs notes:

Room was hopping and staff were excellent.
Went to a card room and a Koi pond broke out
Met a celeb.
Met 13 cards.
Made some cash.
Can't wait to go back.

Cheers,

Caddy

Comments

• sounds like a pretty perfect session to me!
  • Nice report.... I guess you didn't find Kristy?
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Hand 2

My next button. They entire table limps to me and I make it $70 with 78cc. They all fold and I take it down.

Talk about dominating the table.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Hand 2

Cheers,

Caddy
    Jeesh, is that what you had? I folded AA there.... Thought you had me beat... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Jeesh, is that what you had? I folded AA there.... Thought you had me beat... :)

Mod Ban? j/k ;)
  • compuease wrote: »

highly recommended :)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    highly recommended :)
    lol, good one Jim, by the way I'm giving up poker and going back to school to complete my education.. :)