5/5nl against a couple crazy asians

these guys were raising a lot of hands, usually the old blind raise to 15 UTG and sometimes 30 in LP. 2nd guy called sooooooo many PF raises and floated flop bets i was surprised he hadn't busted yet but he played the turn and river pretty well (i.e. stole a lot of pots with no showdown) and seemed to know his players. i've got about 1400. crazy #1 has maybe 400 and #2 about 800.

this hand, surprisingly, was limped by about 4 players to me in the SB. i have 54o, so i check as does the BB. flop comes 854 rainbow. bottom 2 for me. usually i lead out here for something around pot but i felt i was very likely the 2 crazy asians will call, possibly raise and i won't know how huge my hand is here. plus maybe the sane guys actually have something, too, which would really confuse me... plus i knew at least one of them would put more money in the pot with diddly.

check, check, check then crazy #1 bets pot, as expected. crazy #2 calls, again as expected. i figure my hand is likely best and don't want to mess around and get counterfeited or sucked out so i raise to 120. crazy #1 folds with a disgusted look on his face. crazy #2 looks at me for a minute or so then raises to 330 with about 500 and change behind.

i play a fairly tight game (lol) and i'm not sure that i have checkraised at this table yet in 1-2 hours of play. i don't believe anyone has caught me bluffing here yet, either.

what to do here? i marked this guy as one of the bigger bluffers on the table but i'm not so sure in this situation. any estimates of a hand range in this situation?

Comments

• pkrfce9 wrote: »
    these guys were raising a lot of hands, usually the old blind raise to 15 UTG and sometimes 30 in LP. 2nd guy called sooooooo many PF raises and floated flop bets i was surprised he hadn't busted yet but he played the turn and river pretty well (i.e. stole a lot of pots with no showdown) and seemed to know his players. i've got about 1400. crazy #1 has maybe 400 and #2 about 800.

this hand, surprisingly, was limped by about 4 players to me in the SB. i have 54o, so i check as does the BB. flop comes 854 rainbow. bottom 2 for me. usually i lead out here for something around pot but i felt i was very likely the 2 crazy asians will call, possibly raise and i won't know how huge my hand is here. plus maybe the sane guys actually have something, too, which would really confuse me... plus i knew at least one of them would put more money in the pot with diddly.

check, check, check then crazy #1 bets pot, as expected. crazy #2 calls, again as expected. i figure my hand is likely best and don't want to mess around and get counterfeited or sucked out so i raise to 120. crazy #1 folds with a disgusted look on his face. crazy #2 looks at me for a minute or so then raises to 330 with about 500 and change behind.

i play a fairly tight game (lol) and i'm not sure that i have checkraised at this table yet in 1-2 hours of play. i don't believe anyone has caught me bluffing here yet, either.

what to do here? i marked this guy as one of the bigger bluffers on the table but i'm not so sure in this situation. any estimates of a hand range in this situation?

You know what they say about bottom 2 on a coordinated board in an unraised pot? I don't go broke in this spot. It's tough that it is vs the crazy player, but he has something here unless he's a complete idiot as you are playing tight. I would say his range is 2 pair, top pair, pair with straight draw, overpair, set and straight. You do the math, not me.

You are obviously doing well in this game, is this a spot you want to risk a good chunk of your stack? Not me in a good cash game.

IMO the spot for getting your stack in with bottom 2 is vs a tight EP raiser who you can put on a big pair preflop, not here.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    You know what they say about bottom 2 on a coordinated board in an unraised pot? I don't go broke in this spot. It's tough that it is vs the crazy player, but he has something here unless he's a complete idiot as you are playing tight. I would say his range is 2 pair, top pair, pair with straight draw, overpair, set and straight. You do the math, not me.

You are obviously doing well in this game, is this a spot you want to risk a good chunk of your stack? Not me in a good cash game.

IMO the spot for getting your stack in with bottom 2 is vs a tight EP raiser who you can put on a big pair preflop, not here.
    you, sir, are EITHER a genius or the worst player ever. why? because i had the same thoughts.

he knows i'm not likely to be CRing light here. he really could be playing any 2 here (although i didn't think he had a set since i would expect him to raise any PP PF even though he could be mixing it up here... damn confusing). i felt most likely a straight with 76s.

i'm curious if his bet leaves him room to fold or is he committing himself to the hand? if so, it is possible he is making this play with an overpair or some kind of combo draw like 87s.

i was really unsure about this hand but didn't feel like playing for stacks when there were easier spots to pick.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    you, sir, are EITHER a genius or the worst player ever.

Can't I be both?
  • Without a read on this player this is a fold.

But since you mention that this guy is stealing so many pots, the chances that he is on a bluff or semi bluff goes way up.

Flat call here.

Give him the opportunity to bluff off the rest of this chips on the turn and river.