Editing a Thread

Way back when, we were able to delete unrelated posts to a thread that we had started. Why was this function deactivated? This would help keep threads on topic. Also, is there a way to delete a thread completely? This is more relevant for threads on a specific question that have been answered. Cheers.

Comments

• pokerJAH wrote: »
    Way back when, we were able to delete unrelated posts to a thread that we had started. Why was this function deactivated? This would help keep threads on topic. Also, is there a way to delete a thread completely? This is more relevant for threads on a specific question that have been answered. Cheers.

First of all, I never deactivated any functions, so I am really not sure what you are referring to. That sounds like everyone had mod access or something, because AFAIK only mods can edit other people's posts. Threads can be deleted completely, just report the post. There is a little symbol in the top right of a post that looks like a yield sign. This will send an email to all mods.
  • AFAIK, there was never an option for just anyone to delete posts. It might've been the option to their own posts but never someone else' unless they were a mod.
  • Wes is absolutely right, you could always edit your own posts, in any thread, but never anyone elses posts even if in a thread you start. That would quickly degenerate into a free for all. Now please, both of you, GROW UP!
    And I say that as plain old poster, not a mod. If Graham feels more should be done then it's up to him.
    Personally I feel that both of you are acting a lot different than the "normal" persona you show live. Why do so many act differently behind a keyboard?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Wes is absolutely right, you could always edit your own posts, in any thread, but never anyone elses posts even if in a thread you start. That would quickly degenerate into a free for all. Now please, both of you, GROW UP!
    And I say that as plain old poster, not a mod. If Graham feels more should be done then it's up to him.
    Personally I feel that both of you are acting a lot different than the "normal" persona you show live. Why do so many act differently behind a keyboard?

nah, i'm the same you just don't know me well
  • I recall being able to delete posts to a thread; maybe another site.

I'm just getting sick of this clown hijacking my threads with one liner comments that don't add anything to the topic being discussed. If you have nothing worthwhile to add, move on to the next thread.
    If you have nothing worthwhile to add, move on to the next thread.

But then you'd never get to post?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    But then you'd never get to post?

Another classic... and you even succeeded in hijacking this thread. Well done!
  • If responding to your idiocy and trolling constitutes hijacking then you should be used to it by now.
  • I believe that we are in need of a HU4 rollz.

Lets pick a site, time, tables, guaranteed number of hands and have a grudge match.

May I be the first to suggest:

10K fight yo!
  • 5k hu on stars of course
  • Maybe it was before we switched to vBulletin?

Mark
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I believe that we are in need of a HU4 rollz.

Lets pick a site, time, tables, guaranteed number of hands and have a grudge match.

May I be the first to suggest:

10K fight yo!

so if GTA proves that he is a better player than me, this gives him the right to insult other members of this forum? is this the basis of this forum? Prove that you are a better player than everyone else and then provide them with useless advice since you are so superior that the rest of us are not worthy?

btw, I have never criticized GTA's ability as a player.
  • HALL OF FAME, HALL OF FAME, HALL OF FAME!!!!

This is the best fight ever, god bless you both!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    HALL OF FAME, HALL OF FAME, HALL OF FAME!!!!

This is the best fight ever, god bless you both!

and God bless you to.
    so if GTA proves that he is a better player than me, this gives him the right to insult other members of this forum? is this the basis of this forum? Prove that you are a better player than everyone else and then provide them with useless advice since you are so superior that the rest of us are not worthy?

btw, I have never criticized GTA's ability as a player.

Your fold AA thread was trollish and so were your responses. Now it seems to be going on an on. My point is that we reached the point where you should either put up or shut up.

My suggestion is 2-4 tables of $200NL HU and you both play until someone is up a G note.

Or better yet. Escrow the money to a well respected member and battle it out on a play money table so you don't pay any rake. Forum members can fill the vacant seats and sit out so no one interrupts you.

Let us gogogogogogo
    My point is that we reached the point where you should either put up or shut up.

Obv this is the only valid solution. Well put Caddy.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Obv this is the only valid solution. Well put Caddy.

I was ready to shut up and move on. But then GTA took the next step by referring to me in another post which I had nothing to do with (and this isn't trolling in its purest form?):

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f59/playing-aa-after-several-limpers-15954/index2.html

See his comment, "I don't think it was sarcasm, I think PokerJah hijacked his account."

I then provided my honest opinion on the hand being discussed which just let to more trolling on his part.
  • Just play the HU, it is the ultimate 'End Move' if you beat him he can never talk smack again.

Why not tonight?
    Or better yet. Escrow the money to a well respected member and battle it out on a play money table so you don't pay any rake. Forum members can fill the vacant seats and sit out so no one interrupts you.

Seems to be a one sided battle anyways.

Here's my one time offer: Pick a site with $0.10 SNGs and all the other players sit out. We will play 7 HU rounds to determine the winner. The winner will no longer post on pokerforum.ca and will collect the $0.70.

I will let you play for me. Here's what you do: go all-in pre-flop every hand unless you get dealt AA, at which point you fold. Let me know how I did.

Here's my one time offer: Pick a site with $0.10 SNGs and all the other players sit out. We will play 7 HU rounds to determine the winner. The winner will no longer post on pokerforum.ca and will collect the $0.70.

I will let you play for me. Here's what you do: go all-in pre-flop every hand unless you get dealt AA, at which point you fold. Let me know how I did.

wat?
  • dammit :(
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Maybe it was before we switched to vBulletin?

Mark

Nope. Only mods were able to do said things back then.
  • Oh well, seems like the fun has gone far enough. I'm not playing any forum member for a significant amount of money, whether that be deemed significant to myself or to him/her. I can joke around on here, but I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of winning (or losing) money from someone on the forum in this sort of situation. I think it's fair to taunt PokerJah for some of his posts, but pressuring/taunting him to play in some sort of ego-charged HU battle isn't really fair. Anyhow, I lost HU to Mandy at the last Royal Cup, so no way am I taking the match.

Biting tongue...
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Oh well, seems like the fun has gone far enough. I'm not playing any forum member for a significant amount of money, whether that be deemed significant to myself or to him/her. I can joke around on here, but I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of winning (or losing) money from someone on the forum in this sort of situation. I think it's fair to taunt PokerJah for some of his posts, but pressuring/taunting him to play in some sort of ego-charged HU battle isn't really fair. Anyhow, I lost HU to Mandy at the last Royal Cup, so no way am I taking the match.

+1

lets move on already.

Not unless Graham wants to sponsor the event with an all inclusive trip to the WSOP :)
  • I see what happened here

Cat_Fight.jpg
    I see what happened here

Cat_Fight.jpg

That's it...hu for rollllllllllllz!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Nope. Only mods were able to do said things back then.
    Before vBulletin the thread creator was able to delete a thread if s/he chose to do so. I know I had done it a few times for cancelled home games.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Before vBulletin the thread creator was able to delete a thread if s/he chose to do so. I know I had done it a few times for cancelled home games.

/g2

Wasn't that for only before there is a reply? After there were replies it couldn't be deleted by the OP...