Attention Doyles' Room Patrons!

Apparently, there's a bug being sent to Doyle's Room Players, via email.

Email contains a legit looking banner, and asks the addressee to click on it for more details, or their accounts will be permanently blocked. Once clicked on the banner, the virus spreads throughout your system.

Don't open any emails or click on any Doyle's Room banners in emails.

Comments

• LOL... that doesn't suprise me... I have had people offer to sell me their entire email list, which other have confirmed to be legit. Their security seems like its a joke.
  • I got a bunch of those emails on the weekend saying your account has been locked. Click on this link and download the pdf file to see the reason. wtf
  • For those interested, here is the link to the post on P5 that reported it.. Very common type thing. We all should know by now not to click on links in email, especially from those you don't know well, shouldn't we? lol. I spend at least 10-15 hrs a week cleaning up these sorts of messes on clients computers... hehe, at least they are contributing to my retirement fund... Perhaps I should be using it to fund my poker roll, now that would be growth!

Doyles Room Email List Compromised [?] - Pocket Fives
  • glad I got my money out of there lol:confused:
  • Should clarify a bit

It ISN'T Doyle's Room sending out the infected emails...its someone who got ahold of their mailing list and decided to play a mind f**k on the players. I'm sure Doyle's Room management will be quick to act on it all the same.

Never understood those who create and send out virus. What kind of warped mind does that?
  • I was just kidding about getting my $ out. The fact is they shut us down in Michigan so the only thing I can play on Doyles is freerolls and that isn't no fun w/all of the all in DONKS! But it really is a good site to play on.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Should clarify a bit

It ISN'T Doyle's Room sending out the infected emails...its someone who got ahold of their mailing list and decided to play a mind f**k on the players. I'm sure Doyle's Room management will be quick to act on it all the same.

Never understood those who create and send out virus. What kind of warped mind does that?

I would but I would be targetting 1 or 2 dumb f*cks not a bunch of people.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Should clarify a bit

I would be very surprised if the virus' didnt contain a key logger or something similair, I assume the purpose of this attack is to compromise players accounts.