13Cards...WPT question.

Any news on this years WPT event and whether any preliminary events are going to be added to it?

I know in talking to Jason last year they were trying to add a $1000 and $2000 buyin event but with new tournies (EPT etc) in and around the same time it became a scheduling nightmare and didn't pan out.

Also have they named a Poker room manager yet or is it a by committee approach.?

Comments

• Any idea the reasoning behind the no prelim event?
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    *I am personally advocating to run a Super Satellite the day before the event; it has been the most requested change/addition/modification to our WPT event since day one. Wish me luck!!

Any idea of buyin? But yes, a super sat would be welcomed with opened arms.
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    I am personally advocating to run a Super Satellite the day before the event; it has been the most requested change/addition/modification to our WPT event since day one. Wish me luck!!
    Good luck! Hopefully, Fallsview's Super Satellite will have as great a structure as the WSOP Mega Satellites. All four types of WSOP Mega Satellites have 30-minute levels, uses the same blind schedule as the $500-$1500 NLHE events, and have a fee/rake of only 5% (including 3% for the staff). The best-value satellite is probably the $550 Mega Satellite with 4,000 starting chips, a Patience Factor of 7.0 and a Skill Level of 4.