Pokerstars Steps

Hey, just thinking of playing a few steps for the WSOP, anyone else playing? Has anyone had any luck in these in the past ?

Say I want to try to play 5 buy in's at a certain level, is it best to play all 5 in a row and then continue on with all the next steps you've won or play one at a time and try to see how far it takes you, if you lose start again ?

labeach

Comments

• For almost everyone steps is an awful idea.

If you can't beat step 6 then you have no business trying to luck into a step 5.

Why be forced to invest your winnings into a tournament.

Unless your bankroll is $200,000 getting into a $10,000 ME seat is bad bankroll management.
  • News Report: Some people play poker for fun.
  • I appreciate the responses from both, BBC is correct, I play poker for fun, bottom line is I dont have the bankroll to make a living at poker or make any significant money at poker for that matter so i'm left with fun.

The steps appear to be a fun way to try to win a trip so why not try it.

But that being said, if anyone wants to counsel me on bankroll management to eventually build up a reasonable bankroll let me know.

cheers
    labeach
  • I've played a bunch, and I'm sure Watts can tell you, there are alot of high level grinders once you hit step 5/6. To be honest, the $650 are alot softer and there might be a higher chance you can get a seat..and there are tons of satellites into the $650 as well.
  • Spending $10,000 of your own money is bad bankroll management. Winning a seat for a fraction of the cost through Steps, satellites or getting staked makes much more sense. Most tournament winners would never have gotten to a $200,000 bankroll had they not decided to play a satellite and take the shot.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky, or Choron? ;)
    Unless your bankroll is $200,000 getting into a $10,000 ME seat is bad bankroll management.
  • Lets say you win a tourney and have a choice, Take $10,000 cash or play the $10,000 Main Event? Which would you choose?

By the way, I'm going to Niagara today, PM or phone me if you're interested in coming.
  • Lets say you win a tourney and have a choice, Take $10,000 cash or play the $10,000 Main Event? Which would you choose?

By the way, I'm going to Niagara today, PM or phone me if you're interested in coming.

personally, with my current bankroll i'd take the 10K and perhaps try to satellite into the ME.
  • I'd love to win the WSOP ME and have some dude on TV ask me how I got here and I say I qualified with 70 FPPs from Pokerstars.

It would have to be the greatest parlay in the history of poker and perhaps in all of gambling all time.
  • m_dolens wrote: »
    personally, with my current bankroll i'd take the 10K and perhaps try to satellite into the ME.
    That's circular logic because if you win the satellite you would be asked the same question.
  • That's circular logic because if you win the satellite you would be asked the same question.

pardon? i don't think you understood me (or perhaps you don't understand what circular logic means). the question was if you won $10K to enter the WSOP ME would you take the it or keep the money. i said that with my current bankroll i'd take the $10K in cash and then perhaps try to satellite into the ME. hence, if i had $10K+ in my bankroll i would take the entry into the ME and not keep the cash. i don't understand where the circularity comes in. (btw, imho i understand the notion of circular logic pretty well since i am (sadly) a recent philosophy grad).

• But that being said, if anyone wants to counsel me on bankroll management to eventually build up a reasonable bankroll let me know.

cheers
    labeach

Play games where you have an edge.

If you can't profitably beat step 6, don't play games that have a seat in step 6 as a prize.

It's more fun to crush the .01/.02 than to lose at the 100/200

You're not Ryan or Watts, don't try to beat the toughest games. (unless you actually are Ryan or Watts ... in that case ... carry on.)

If you're a baby seal don't enter a contest where if you win you get to play with hunters with hakapiks.
  • Booo

BBC Z says Gamb00l, it's the spice of life.
  • If you're a baby seal don't enter a contest where if you win you get to play with hunters with hakapiks.

lmao, you are SO unsung!
  • Jamie Gold + Jerry Yang say "seal hunt this bitches!"
  • I won`t pay $2 for a lottery ticket, I can`t argue with reef`s logic on buying a $10,000 one
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Spending $10,000 of your own money is bad bankroll management. Winning a seat for a fraction of the cost through Steps, satellites or getting staked makes much more sense. Most tournament winners would never have gotten to a $200,000 bankroll had they not decided to play a satellite and take the shot.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky, or Choron? ;)

You're on the the few guys that has a legitimate shot.

Most people would be better off selling the ME ticket and ....

* ... pauses ... *

I see...

*slowly steps away and stops tapping the aquarium*

Carry on.... nothing to see here ....
  • You're on the the few guys that has a legitimate shot.

Most people would be better off selling the ME ticket and ....

* ... pauses ... *

I see...

*slowly steps away and stops tapping the aquarium*

Carry on.... nothing to see here ....

Go back to school?