AA Line check

villian seem decent
VP:14, PF:10, 3b:3 WS:17 W$: 56
The board is kinda dry, he just call my raise, he has 3bet me a few time.
so i put him on a set of 3 as most likely hand.
if he did have hand like KQ
i highly doubt it, because his turn bet is sizing for the river push.
but i could be wrong,
what do you think?
Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $153.30
SB: $54
BB: $21.30
UTG: $43.20
UTG+1: $116.65
UTG+2: $35.90
MP1: $39
MP2: $77.50
allyasia (CO): $103.40

Pre-Flop: As.gifAd.gif dealt to allyasia (CO)
5 folds, allyasia raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 9s.gif3d.gifKh.gif (2 Players)
allyasia bets $6, BTN raises to $18, allyasia calls $12

Turn: ($44.50) 7h.gif (2 Players)
allyasia checks, BTN bets $33, allyasia folds

Results: $44.50 Pot ($2.20 Rake)
BTN mucked and WON $42.30 (+$20.80 NET)

Comments

• Well equally likely set of 3's or 9's but if you did so accurately put him on a set of 3's why call his turn raise for 2 outs? The way you played it with the turn call of his raise and the river check could he have put you on Q's or J's and thought he was ahead with KQ or AK? What do you think he thought you had? That's the question you really should be asking yourself...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well equally likely set of 3's or 9's but if you did so accurately put him on a set of 3's why call his turn raise for 2 outs? The way you played it with the turn call of his raise and the river check could he have put you on Q's or J's and thought he was ahead with KQ or AK? What do you think he thought you had? That's the question you really should be asking yourself...

my image is TAG
    i didn't call his turn bet, i folded on the turn.
    i'm pretty sure AK, 99 he'll 3bet me
    we have been playing the 3bet/4bet game
  • I would like to know why you called the flop raise, then c-f the turn?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I would like to know why you called the flop raise, then c-f the turn?
    i call his flop raise , to see what he would do come the turn, and make my decision.
    his went to show down rate at 17% win at showdown is 56%
    for a guy that rarely goes to showdown, want to size the turn bet for the river push, i just don't think he is doing it with any K here.
    i folded so i don't get committed to the pot.
  • I pop his flop raise to about $40 total. You would do this (in his eyes) with AA, AK or 99. (With KK, you would probably smoothcall.) If he calls or shoves, you can be pretty sure you are beat and drawing to two outs.

This is a way ahead/way behind scenario. Without position, I think a re-pop is the best way to find out.
  • I pop his flop raise to about $40 total. You would do this (in his eyes) with AA, AK or 99. (With KK, you would probably smoothcall.) If he calls or shoves, you can be pretty sure you are beat and drawing to two outs.

This is a way ahead/way behind scenario. Without position, I think a re-pop is the best way to find out.
    yes more aggressive approach, i like it.
    not sure why i didn't think this line
    1680 Hand yesturday, will do that lol
  • i call his flop raise , to see what he would do come the turn, and make my decision.
    his went to show down rate at 17% win at showdown is 56%
    for a guy that rarely goes to showdown, want to size the turn bet for the river push, i just don't think he is doing it with any K here.
    i folded so i don't get committed to the pot.

Then fold the raise, or re-raise yourself. Call-folding is so bad here.