playing multiple games at once

I'm not really into online playing. But I've seen pictures of people playing many games at once, upwards of 20. I am curious because I was pretty sure most places only allow you to play 3 games at once. I guess my question is, is it possible for people to play that many games at once legally/not using multiple accounts?

Comments

• Multiple sites - load Stars, FTP, etc. and I'm sure that not all sites cap at 3, I know of a few guys 'round here that play upwards of 10 tables.. personally, I think that's nuts, and only do 3 max.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Multiple sites - load Stars, FTP, etc. and I'm sure that not all sites cap at 3, I know of a few guys 'round here that play upwards of 10 tables.. personally, I think that's nuts, and only do 3 max.

Mark

same here. three is usually my max but i know some who play the double digits regularly.
  • i play 2 at most, usually just 1 at a time. I lose money a little slower this way ;)
  • At one point I was playing 4 at once, but I wasn't able to make good decisions in any when it got down to the bubbles, so I went down to 2.
  • 8 tabling Stars $5.50 SNGs is +EV

Just keep folding anything that isn't big/paired until the blinds mean something and you'll be fine.

I don't know of any sites that cap the number of tables you can play, but Stars and FT definitely do not as I've had 6-8 open on each of them.
  • I believe FTP caps at 12/16 but I'm sure for most/all of us its irelevant
  • hey thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm never sure what to expect when I'm new to an online community, the majority of the time I see insults and slander to the most basic of quesitons, so thanks.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I believe FTP caps at 12/16 but I'm sure for most/all of us its irelevant

17 but that is ridiculous anyway.

I 4 table
  • just to add another thought to multi-tabling. sometimes when i do multi-table (usually for sngs) i like to stagger them a little. i'll open one and play down to about 4 or 5 people and then open another. when i win the first one (heh) i'll open another and so on. therefore i'm able to concentrate more on the bubble/payout on the one table while i play tight in the beginning of the second table. this makes it a little easier i find, especially when i have some tougher decisions near the money to consider.
  • I've multitabled occasionally, but never more than 3 tables. The problem I find with it is that I don't get as good a feel for the other players because I'm bouncing around so much. Makes it harder to recognize pattern play and tendencies of the opponents.

However, I agree with the idea that if you're going to do it with SnGs, staggering them is better so that you're in different phases of the tournaments on each table.
  • I tried playing more than one table in past but found it too difficult to concentrate, so I stuck to one at a time. Recently though, started playing two again. I find it much more managable now. I imagine most multi-tablers started with one and gradually increased as they became more comfortable.
  • multi tabling is definitely possible/legal at most sites....the more tourney fees/ rake you generate the better for them so they def dont try to discourage it. I 4-table stt sit n gos....low to mid stakes----seems to help a person remain patient and be able to fold that vast amount of mediocre hands that you might otherwise be tempted to play. Of course stt's are highly formulaic at the best of times...not sure how some people multi table mid/high cash games...seems like you would be giving up a lot of your edge not being able to follow the play at each table very closely.