A9-AT in SB or button, mid/late game. Push/Fold?

Ok, I'm a mid level stack and am button or small blind. The blinds are creeping up and are at 100/200 with an ante. I look down and see A9-AT and figure that I should be raising here to try to take down the pot. So I push.... and get called facing an AK in the BB. This has happened at least 6-8 times in the last 2 days.

SnG Wiz seems to like the push always, why does PokerStars hate me so much?

Comments

• God gives someone behind you AK once for every time you masturbate...

I ALWAYS run into it.

Mark
  • haha. Thanks for making my day!!

P.S. If this is true I must quit poker today.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    God gives someone behind you AK once for every time you masturbate...

I ALWAYS run into it.

Mark

This explains sooo much...

How about my AA vs. 99 play where I have my oppt thinking I'm a loose caller with any two cards and get him all in pre-flop with my AA vs. 99.. only to have him spike a 9 on the flop and cause my tilt meter to sky rocket.

I'm assuming these occasions have to do with the times I masturbated with the other hand. (happens much less frequently)

Just a thought.

Side note, hi to whoever was at the table with me last night.. Weird feeling discussing Kristy_Sea on a non pf.ca location ;)
  • told ya pokerstars system is whacked:), everytime for me 2 zunni, always ace king behind me in the same spot.

quote=zunni74;147791]Ok, I'm a mid level stack and am button or small blind. The blinds are creeping up and are at 100/200 with an ante. I look down and see A9-AT and figure that I should be raising here to try to take down the pot. So I push.... and get called facing an AK in the BB. This has happened at least 6-8 times in the last 2 days.

SnG Wiz seems to like the push always, why does PokerStars hate me so much?[/quote]
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm a mid level stack and am button or small blind. The blinds are creeping up and are at 100/200 with an ante. I look down and see A9-AT and figure that I should be raising here to try to take down the pot. So I push.... and get called facing an AK in the BB. This has happened at least 6-8 times in the last 2 days.

SnG Wiz seems to like the push always, why does PokerStars hate me so much?

Umm what is your stack size? If yoru a huge stack you have some options, you are in teh midlevel what does that mean? It may be an easy fold.

Towards the endgame, you should open push ANY two when folded to in the SB. This is the rule, an exception applies if the BB is bigstack and will call you light.
  • Redington wrote: »
    Umm what is your stack size? If yoru a huge stack you have some options, you are in teh midlevel what does that mean? It may be an easy fold.

Towards the endgame, you should open push ANY two when folded to in the SB. This is the rule, an exception applies if the BB is bigstack and will call you light.

There's 1 guy with 5k, there's 2 of us with 3k and the low stack with 2k (Average stack sizes that seem to be fairly consistent).

So I'm in the 'middle' of the stack sizes.