Moses Gone To The Promised Land

Charlton Heston has passed away at age 84. RIP

Comments

• RIP Charlie.

The ORIGINAL OMEGA MAN!
  • Hrm...

Is it wrong that I was kinda hoping he'd be shot?

Mark
  • Only a little. But give the man credit for standing up for what he believed. Not thinking of guns here, but his activity with the Civil Rights movement in the US South. Say what you will, but the man stood by what he thought was right, even at risk to his career.
  • I'm not anti-gun. But I'm anti-giving-guns-to-stupid-irresponsible people.
    I play paintball usually once a week. And about 10% of the people are too stupid or irresponsible to handle paintball guns, never mind real guns.
  • I'm anti-gun

Mark
  • Someone make sure to pry his gun from his cold dead hand.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'm anti-gun

Mark

Why? Guns are inanimate objects. They are a "thing". I'm not a gun owner, but see no reason why someone else should not be allowed to own any "thing", once they have met the legal requirements in their jurisdiction.
  • Someone make sure to pry his gun from his cold dead hand.

NH Sir. LOL
  • Guns ARE a thing yes....

A thing created for one sole purpose.. killing.

Mark
    Guns ARE a thing yes....

Mark

Pistol whipping isn't killing. They're pretty good for that too ;)
    Guns ARE a thing yes....

Mark

Sorry, Mark, but even if I agreed with you on this point, it does not negate my belief. Having said that, you are equally entitled to your own beliefs, so we will have to agree to disagree on this matter, and leave the debate for another time. Later
  • Bah... internet debates are the funnest!!!

Honestly though.... what other utility is there?

Mark
  • How about, "just to look at"? Certain firearms are actually works of art. Think specifically of some of Berretta's hunting shotguns which, if the owner actually fired them, should be seized by the manufacturer. Regardless of whether I stipulate the "killing only" utility of firearms, why does "like" have to enter the equation? No need to answer here. Perhaps a new thread for further discussion? I'm good with sleeping dogs, etc.
  • I'm not anti-gun. But I'm anti-giving-guns-to-stupid-irresponsible people.

Yet these people are the ones procreating like rabbits. I think you should need to have a license to have sex (or at least to be able to have kids)