Abuse or Humour?

I watched this video, and have to admit I laughed a little at first, but the more I think about it, it seems like he hits his girlfriend pretty hard and I wonder if this is borderline abuse. To give some background, this was his response to this video:

Cute Girlfriend Gives Good Head...ache Video

So, I figured it could make an interesting discussion and figured, lets make a poll.... Abuse or Humor?

Guy Gets Revenge on Girlfriend for Headache*Video

Comments

• paybacks are a bitch, hear her cackling in the first video..she had it comin :)
  • In my opinion it is just humor.What is your opinion ?
  • As long as we don't de-evolve into this line of thought...

Sean Connery on Slapping Women

Mark
  • I don't know how someone could see this as abuse?
  • OoOh, wait until Kristy and El get here......

Not knowing the backround behind these I would say they both are abusive, now degree could be argued...
  • In scenario #2, the hand is clearly mucked.

FWIW, you can do a lot more damage smacking someone in the back of the head than on the ass. Are these WWE wannabes?

Please don't glorify this shit further.
  • Personally, I don't think that either video is funny. Certainly the girl's actions are at least as violent as the guy's.
  • Sorry, never seen anything that justifies hitting a woman, and I've had one hoof me in the jewels. Wanted to deck that bitch, but never did.

Tend to agree with Walt's friend that neither is particularly funny although, in the second one, the guy jazzed it up with the whipped cream to the face.

To answer the question, I would not necessarily call his actions abuse (more like revenge), but I think the first vid would qualify.

Disclaimer: IANAL, nor do I work for any advocacy groups.
  • The big question: how would people's answers differ if he had been the initial aggressor?

IMO, the potential consequences of each are very different:
    - he could quite easily bite his tongue when hit with that cookie sheet and suffer a pretty severe injury. It also could cause a (mild) concussion, but that's pretty unlikely.
    - she might have a slightly sore butt for a short period of time, and have to rinse her eyes under some water from the whipped cream

If you hit someone on the head with a cookie sheet and send it to BREAK.COM as a joke, you should expect some sort of prank/practical joke reprisal. If she calls his actions abuse then I think she should take another look at the first video.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    As long as we don't de-evolve into this line of thought...

Sean Connery on Slapping Women

Mark

Sean Connery rocks!
  • Big E wrote: »
    Sean Connery rocks!

Haha

You're a bad person! :)

Mark
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    - he could quite easily bite his tongue when hit with that cookie sheet and suffer a pretty severe injury. It also could cause a (mild) concussion, but that's pretty unlikely.

LOL. A cookie sheet weighs what....90 grams? There is no way this enough weight to give someone a concussion or any other severe injury. It's like getting hit with a rolled up newspaper but with better sound effect.

She opened the door for this on the first video and his response is certainly no worse. It did have more style though with the whipped cream and all.

My wife would flip her lid if I ever smacked her like that but then she would never hit me on the head with a cookie sheet either. Now as long as the timing is right she does enjoy a nice crisp smack on the bottom but only when it is bare ^-^
  • Pretty stupid pranks. I would be pissed if my wife hit me with a cookie sheet. She has shot me with staples from a staple gun (air powered). Maybe I should get the whip cream out.
  • Both are abuse. Those people are morons..not even verging on funny or interesting.

I intend to pray nightly that they never breed.
  • Based on her reaction in vid #2, I think your prayers will be answered for at least a week, Kristy. How was the vacation? Post?
  • I feel like those kids from the Kit Kat commercial everytime I talk about my vacation, there couldn't be anyone less deserving of a break....

that being said- it was great! Trip report will have to wait a bit though.
  • Kristy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Missed You Sooooooooooooooooo Much:):)

Xoxoxoxoxo