Excited about Poker Forum

This site is great. So much stuff to read and talk about. Im an avid player of many games that loves to blab, blab and blab.....when I get the chance. I look forward to playing and talking with everyone. I'll see you tonight on poker stars.

Nollsy

Comments

• Welcome to the forum!
  • Thanks for the comments, and nice plug. ;)

A new series of low buy-in tournaments begins tonight with a $22 NLHE tourney at 9:30 Eastern. There will be tournaments tonight, Friday (9:30) and Saturday (4:30), and many more in the days leading up to the Championship Event.

These tournaments are open to everyone. Even though the motivation was to allow some form of lower buy-in method of entry into the Championship Event, these are actually just regular MTT tournaments for everyone to play in if they wish.

See

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1785

for the entire schedule.

Good luck!

ScottyZ
  • Scotty,

Can they not set it up so that it is a MTT, but that it works with a satellite style payout.

Ie, payouts of $109 for as many as possible ... with the rest to the next place paying.

that way they can be more like a satellite
  • Chugs wrote:
    Scotty,

Can they not set it up so that it is a MTT, but that it works with a satellite style payout.

Ie, payouts of $109 for as many as possible ... with the rest to the next place paying.

that way they can be more like a satellite

I don't think so. I'd be surprised if they would not set up satellites but would do this.

I've also given it some more thought and I actually think MTT's make more sense anyway, since we would be more likely to get higher turn-outs. This way, people who feel like just playing a regular tournament instead (e.g. those who may not be interested in the Championship Event, those who plan on buying-in directly to the Championship Event, random dead money from the USA, etc) will be far more likely to join in.

ScottyZ
  • I'll be the next to say Welcome to the forums!