21 Movie Mashup

This is a mashup for the main characters of the movie 21: Jim Sturgess and Kevin Spacey

YouTube - 21 Movie Mashup - Jim Sturgess and Kevin Spacey!!!!

Comments

• Maybe we should have a "media" section just so Graham can go nuts posting videos :D

Btw...anyone watched the movie yet? I read the book and plan to see it but looking for some reviews first.
  • I saw this movie tonight. I have not read the book but knew quite a bit about the MIT blackjack team from various TV specials/documentaries, etc.

I thought the movie was pretty good, and the acting was very good. Complete and total Hollywood ending though, and throughout the movie they made it look like you win every single hand when the deck count is favourable.

I especially liked the views of Vegas that can't exist, like standing on a balcony looking at Caesar's Palace, panning down and there's the Bellagio fountains! At one point they are staying at the Hard Rock (which is off the main strip) but have views out the window as if they are in the heart of the strip.

All in all though, I thought it was enjoyable if you take it for what it is (a Hollywood movie) and not look at it as a documentary.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    I saw this movie tonight. I have not read the book but knew quite a bit about the MIT blackjack team from various TV specials/documentaries, etc.

I thought the movie was pretty good, and the acting was very good. Complete and total Hollywood ending though, and throughout the movie they made it look like you win every single hand when the deck count is favourable.

I especially liked the views of Vegas that can't exist, like standing on a balcony looking at Caesar's Palace, panning down and there's the Bellagio fountains! At one point they are staying at the Hard Rock (which is off the main strip) but have views out the window as if they are in the heart of the strip.

All in all though, I thought it was enjoyable if you take it for what it is (a Hollywood movie) and not look at it as a documentary.

Thanks Brenner for the review... definetly on my list of movies to see.
  • I saw the movie as well over the weekend, will give a review tomorrow when I'm procrastinating from studying for my exam.
  • A friend took me to see the movie last night. I too knew quite a bit about the whole story on the MIT blackjack team. This is definately a hollywood production. It wouldn't suprize me if Vegas bankrolled the movie to entice people to come and try and get there money. (If you see it, you should get what I mean.)

It is worth seeing for sure as a movie, not an accurate picture of the MIT blackjack team.

Prophet 22
  • a good documentary on the MIT blackjack team is on pokertube.com... check it out!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I saw the movie as well over the weekend, will give a review tomorrow when I'm procrastinating from studying for my exam.

So instead of doing it at school while studying, I'm going to do it while I'm at work.

Like Prophet said, it was a movie that is definitely a Hollywood production. The only part that is really extracted from the book is that the guys are from MIT, the names were taken from the book, and the core idea of card counting. Everything else do not really follow the book. With that said, the director did an excellent job with storyline of the movie to keep the audience into the movie.

Like Brenner said, it was interesting to see some of the views that cannot possibly exist being shown in the movie...took me a little while to really see what was going on as I was confused for awhile due to never being in Vegas myself but having a pretty good undestanding of where things are and seeing pictures in the past.

It is definitely a movie...a Hollywood production, and one thats worth seeing.