Online training schools..Cardrunners or Pokerfox

Has anyone signed up for a poker training school online? I have heard alot about cardrunners and I read Fox's articles in Poker Pro magazine. Is this training really worth the money and does anyone have any other advice about them?

Thank you

Comments

• My feeling is there is so much good free information out there, but if you have money to burn it might be worth giving it a shot. Some good players do mentoring, which is more personal and 1 on 1, which I think would be the best approach rather than paying to watch some videos.
  • i agree with graham, there is definately a lot of free info out there if you can find it
  • Its hard for me to really comment on those 2 though (since I have never used either), so take what I have said with a grain of salt. I am just cheap and hate paying for things online :)
  • Yes, they are absolutely worth the money... i think all training sites charge about 25 dollars a month which is next to nothing when you consider how much more you will make after watching videos regularly for a while. You can just learn so much faster and so much more by watching videos of top players and hearing their thought process in every situation that comes up.
  • _obv_ are you signed up to any site and which one is it? I am deciding between the two.
  • i'm waiting for pokerVT to come out in maybe april... you should take a look at that it seems interesting!
  • kram7171 wrote: »
    _obv_ are you signed up to any site and which one is it? I am deciding between the two.

I currently have a membership at cardrunners, leggopoker and deucescracked and used to be a member of pokerxfactor(didnt renew subscription because i rarely play mtts anymore... had nothing to do with quality of videos).

I would definitely recommend cardrunners if you plan on playing cash games, PLO and mtts. Leggo and deucescracked are more geared towards mid stakes cash games. Pokerxfactor is pretty much just mtts and sngs. Don't know much about the other training sites other than i think stoxpoker is probably the best if you play limit holdem. Cardrunners is the best all around training site imo.
  • i would also recommand stoxpoker
    they have some free compete video for you to watch
    and they have some 3 minute demo for you to watch
    one thing with poker school
    you are not gonna get anything that will help you right now.
    but over time, when those skill will sink in your brian. and that is when you get your return investment for time and money.
    I would say it's definely worth it.
  • _obv_ wrote: »
    I currently have a membership at cardrunners, leggopoker and deucescracked .
    how do you find the time?
    i having hard time right now
    between day job
    and playing poker
    i am a best squeeze in 1 video a day.....
    you have 3 school....
  • how do you find the time?
    i having hard time right now
    between day job
    and playing poker
    i am a best squeeze in 1 video a day.....
    you have 3 school....

I am a university student with a lot of free time on my hands
  • just think of this
    there are some affiliate that give pokertrain member ship as bonus
    when you signup with TITN and choose a site for RB. all you have to do is reach 500MPP, and they pay your next month membership for you.
    also
    PSO has 6 and 12 month membership as a gift
    all you have to do is pick a site and clear them.
    if you pick pso offer, then choose site that don't offer RB
    if you pick TITN offer, then pick a site that offer RB
    because RB is very important.
  • After looking at a couple of different one Stoxpoker looks good and has a good deal if you sign up for one year. You can get a couple of free books or tracker software. The only other one is Real Poker Training that has David Willaims as one of the coaches. Cardrunners is the one I heard the most about though.