My ipod died - what gives?

I turned off my ipod this morning, tried to turn it back on a couple minutes later and its dead. Won't turn back on, thought it might be the battery (although there was plenty of power left) and tried re-connecting it to the computer but nothing. Any ideas?

Luckily it is only a couple months old so the warranty hopefully covers it. Its never been dropped so pretty crappy that it could die so soon.

Never mind, I found a link and it appears to have froze. If I could delete this post I would, but I can't. For future reference:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Comments

• Try hitting the reset button on the back of it. Also look it up on the apple website. You might have to download the newest software.
  • Try hitting the reset button on the back of it.

If your IPOD has a reset button on the back of it, you don't own an IPOD.

Check the lettering.. maybe it's an iPad or an iPud.
  • lol the worst part is trying to remember how to reset the ipod.
  • just let it charge for a while on your computer and it should eventually turn right back on in about 20 min....it sometimes happens to mine
  • actyper wrote: »
    lol the worst part is trying to remember how to reset the ipod.
    Just google it.

/g2
  • Try to reset your iPod by pressing menu button and center button at the same time and hold it about ~5 seconds
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    If your IPOD has a reset button on the back of it, you don't own an IPOD.

Check the lettering.. maybe it's an iPad or an iPud.

I got mine on sale with my Suny hdtv.
  • You just press and hold the middle button if I'm not mistaken.

It happened to my girlfriends when I borrowed it, and I thought I broke it. I left so bad and then she reset it, which that is what she did I think.
  • g2 wrote: »
    Just google it.

/g2

Pretty much what I have to do each time I need to reset.
  • Try to reset your ipod by pressing MENU button and center button at the same time and hold it ~5sec