Rank the Best Poker Sites for Canadians

If you could pick the 5 best online poker sites for Canadians, which would you pick?

Comments

• Stars
    Full Tilt
    Cake
    Party
    Titan

If I could only play on 5 sites those would be it.
  • 1-5) Full Tilt Poker

I play exclusively at FTP because Poker Stars refuses to allow me to change my name. My name on PS makes me projectile vomit and I can't stand looking at my name on there when I play, so I am personally boycotting them. I know it doesn't make much difference in the big picture, but to me it means everything.

Once in awhile I play at Solar, but only because I can't get my money off of there, it definitely does not rank in the top 5 due to lack of players.

One day I have to check out Chan.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Stars
    Full Tilt
    Cake
    Party
    Titan

If I could only play on 5 sites those would be it.

Definitely agree with Stars at number one, I just switched over from Party and have a tried a few other sites like Full Tilt but I'd definitely rank it in first.
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    Once in awhile I play at Solar, but only because I can't get my money off of there, it definitely does not rank in the top 5 due to lack of players.

Solar is gone and so is your (and my) $. :(
  • Stars
    Tilt
    Cake
  • The Cryptologic network offers Canadians by far the best value added in terms of overlay tournaments of any sites out there (in addition to fairly generous rakeback and bonus). At times it borderlines on the utterly insane, and sometimes it crosses that border. Game selection at non Euro times can be limited.

For big tournaments Pokerstars obviously.

Full Tilt and Cake are sites that intrigue me a bit, but I have not done the research on them in terms of value.
  • 1. Stars
    2. Tilt

3. Party
    3a. Cake
  • 1. Stars
    2. Tilt
    3. Party
  • 1) full tilt
    2) partypoker
    2a) cake
    4) pokerstars
  • no bodog?
    i was seriously looking at it
    somebody offer me 31% rakeback, is good?
    i have 36% on mansion
    since both is contribute, am i better at mansion?
    i am now exclusive at fulltilt
    looking for 2nd home as well
    i think cake, and cake skin is best for bonus whore
    because no PT, i can really evulate my play and improve my game.
    crypto rake is too high, lack of traffic for any decent deal
    ongame is ok, but contribute.
  • Full tilt
    party
  • I don't get why people rate Stars so highly. What specifically do they do for Canadians? The World Cup of Poker? The odd 4000 person $100 freeroll?

I like their tourneys and structure but the ring games are very tough. They offer very rare reloads and no rakeback.
  • moose wrote: »
    I don't get why people rate Stars so highly. What specifically do they do for Canadians? The World Cup of Poker? The odd 4000 person $100 freeroll?

I like their tourneys and structure but the ring games are very tough. They offer very rare reloads and no rakeback.

I find the ring games quite soft, but I mostly play omaha. I don't really get the point of this thread as no worthwhile sites are geared towards canadians. There are large sites with lots of action and smaller sites with crappy action. The best sites are the ones with the most action no matter where you live.
  • all i know is that i had to leave party because the blackjack was too tempting
  • I'm pretty sure Bodog is not accessible to Canadians but maybe I'm wrong
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Bodog is not accessible to Canadians but maybe I'm wrong

True, but it may be changing soon ;)
  • 1. Everest Poker
    2. Poker Stars
    3. Full Tilt
  • 1. Stars
    2. Everyone else
  • Yo Ryan. What are you playing these days? Still crushing the high stakes SNG's?
  • FT for sure
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    all i know is that i had to leave party because the blackjack was too tempting

lol i like this post and im down about 100 because it is tempting!
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Yo Ryan. What are you playing these days? Still crushing the high stakes SNG's?

Hi,

Yeah, pretty much. I don't play enough though cause I teach high school. But I should get in some pretty good sessions this weekend.

Ryan
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Solar is gone and so is your (and my) $. :(

Nope, there are as of right now at 9:20pm March 22, a whopping 12 people playing in the ring games.

Some as high as $.05/0.10 Limit. :)
  • 1) Stars (only because of the amount of action and levels)
    2) Dreampoker (always liked it there)
    3-5) Anyone but Party (Just never liked it at all)

I've never played much at FTilt, but I guess I'll check it out since many here seem to like it.
  • Fludlerk wrote: »
    2) Dreampoker (always liked it there)

I thought they went under?
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    Nope, there are as of right now at 9:20pm March 22, a whopping 12 people playing in the ring games.

Some as high as $.05/0.10 Limit. :)

Since I can't take my money out, maybe I'll just play there abit more. I hardly ever see more than one or two tables opened on that site, and never more than .25/.50
  • Dream Poker = Gnuf
    Poker Dream = that crappy one
  • actyper wrote: »
    Dream Poker = Gnuf
    Poker Dream = that crappy one

Now thats confusing... I am surprised neither one sued one another.
  • Yep, actyper has it right. Dream Poker is on the GNUF network now...but still good. Been playing there for a couple of years. I didn't know about poker dream, but I understand it's a goner now.
  • GNUF is dreampoker???
    i though it's GNUF is microgaming skin
    on their site, it say microgaming network.