Played in my first big online tournament

I was going to rail again for the Sunday Million but tossed my hat in with the big guys an gals for the first time. Just finished up about one hour ago and might be still playing but I called an all in with the big slick and she had a Q-J and my A-K held up until the river ( Would'nt you know ) when a Q landed on the board. But i ended the tournament (7349 players) in 744 place for $440.94 and i,m very proud if i do say so myself lol. It was nice to see and play with some of the the big names and better still to see most of them finish behind me in the tournament. Might never happen again but maybe, just maybe i might go deeper in the tournament next time. One must think positive and you'll be positive ... right? :)

Comments

• Congrats! Thats a very difficult and long tournament so you should be very happy! Nice work!
  • yup, that's a great result.

Poor luck on the end there.
  • Cashing in the sunday million is a pretty nice feat, I've cashed acouple times I find that I have to be very selective with hands and being very patient. Being like this ive cashed 355th and 278th in that tourney. Not a bad payday, but I'm looking to improve. Stick to the game you know howto play.
  • what's the best sat to try to get into the sunday million ?
  • Prob the double shootouts. The rebuy sats are supposed to be weak as well.
  • For some reason I never seem to do good in rebuys... maybe it's my lack of all-in with crap or my badluck ... I dunno lol

Guess I'll give shootout a shot... who knows.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    what's the best sat to try to get into the sunday million ?

I tried to find out by emailing pokerstars but got this crappy response:

Hello Graham,

Thank you for contacting us.

I regret to inform you we do not have this information available for our
    players, please let me know if you have any other question.

Regards,

Jeny
    PokerStars Support Team
  • lol

you should have asked if they can give you a free seat since you're nice.

edit:
    Seriously... anyone around has success in the sunday million sat?
    I've tried the 3Rebuy one but I always bust close after the first break...
  • I've won couple $2.20 Triple Shootout 6 max, there pretty slack.
  • I've played in a few of the rebuys... most of the time I bust like five away from the bubble or something stupid like that... but the first time I played in it I made it to the end by total luck... three to the bubble, I was the short stack by far.... was looking for my next big hand or BB to push on and when my BB comes around I push... I manage to surivive and look at the amount of people left... and low and behold a second after that two of the big stacks got a little too cocky I guess and got knocked out... so like I said... pretty much luck with hanging on there as long as I could