Poker Software

I was wondering if any here uses poker software to help their game and what your thoughts are on it?

Thank you

Comments

• Pokertracker and ACE HUD.
    Enough said...

You may want to check out the new pokertracker 3.

You simply cannot play online poke without these tools.

To run hand analyses and to calculate equity I use pokerstove
  • tracker software is a must have
    HUD, depend on how many table you play
  • im assuming most players who play in wsop satelites especially in later steps are using poker software to help them out.

where can i purchase this pokertracker software. that will help me with on line poker. website address would help. thanks
  • Pokertracker3.com. Some of your online opponents may try to use whatever they can to get an edge, including Pokertracker, PokerAce Hud, Sharkscope, Pokerstove, ICM software such as SNGPT, instant messaging, phone-a-friend, multiple IP addresses, multi-accounting, multiple players to a hand, ghosting, account selling, team play, colluding bots, spyware, etc. Good luck but beware!
    The_Game wrote: »
    im assuming most players who play in wsop satelites especially in later steps are using poker software to help them out.
    where can i purchase this pokertracker software. that will help me with on line poker. website address would help. thanks
  • I don't use nufin whilst I play, I do use PT to keep track of my wins/losses.
  • i purchased the texas calculatem license for one year, for $69.99. its pretty good software, but i dont think its made for tournament, its for cash game, and im pretty sure if you play cash game and use this software you be making money,. if you follow it its kind of boring but it does tell u the right plays.

this software is not for tournament... but very good for cash games. thanks. all.

any software for tournamens around.
  • Does any one know of software that keeps track of all the games?

I know there is Poker Track for Hold'em, for Omaha and for Stud but they are their own entire software package.
  • I never play cash game on line, but since i spend money to buy this poker tracker software, last night i decided to give it a try.

I sat on a table .25/.50. with $30.00 and followed 80% of this software decision. mostly pre-flop. (ofcourse this software never tells you to bluff, or do a continuation be if you dont hit, or never plays the player.

After playing 1.5 hrs till 5am ofcourse haha, made $150.00 and got out.

it helped me more with odds, and ranking of the hand and possibility of what others holding.
  • I've never used any Pokersoftware as my bankroll really won't support the purchase, when I get it a bit higher then thats definately something I'm going to look into.
  • I use PokerTracker V2 and Poker Ace HUD regularly. I have PokerStove which I rarely use. Also, I just got SNG Wizard but I'm not sure how to use it yet. Anybody else use it? Can you give me some pointers?
  • Farough wrote: »
    I've never used any Pokersoftware as my bankroll really won't support the purchase, when I get it a bit higher then thats definately something I'm going to look into.
    you did be suprise the value of tracker software
    one money click, and you know where you leak out money first
    one of my friend is like that too
    until i say, bring your HH over
    i import them
    he lost about ($50)
    i click on hand he lost the most
    and i tell him if you cut 27s 36s K2,K3,Q7...etc you save $120
    you would be winning $70 dollar instead of losing $50
    and tracker is onetime $50 dollar
    your call.
    * i don't remember exact dollar figure, so i just put $50 and $120. its just a figure.
  • you did be suprise the value of tracker software
    one money click, and you know where you leak out money first
    one of my friend is like that too
    until i say, bring your HH over
    i import them
    he lost about ($50)
    i click on hand he lost the most
    and i tell him if you cut 27s 36s K2,K3,Q7...etc you save $120
    you would be winning $70 dollar instead of losing $50
    and tracker is onetime $50 dollar
    your call.
    * i don't remember exact dollar figure, so i just put $50 and $120. its just a figure.

no doubt it helps, but my bankroll is about 1/8th of that lol. I may purchase it and play lower limits for a while. With all the HH won't I need to buy an external hard drive or something like that for my computer to allow it to hold all the information?
  • Also if you download Poker Tracker v2 do you get the upgrade to version 3 for free?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Pokertracker3.com. Some of your online opponents may try to use whatever they can to get an edge, including Pokertracker, PokerAce Hud, Sharkscope, Pokerstove, ICM software such as SNGPT, instant messaging, phone-a-friend, multiple IP addresses, multi-accounting, multiple players to a hand, ghosting, account selling, team play, colluding bots, spyware, etc. Good luck but beware!

Also if you download Poker Tracker v2 do you get the upgrade to version 3 for free?

Poker Tracker 3 is in beta testing and is free to use right now
  • _obv_ wrote: »
    Poker Tracker 3 is in beta testing and is free to use right now

I saw that, but I mean when the full thing comes out and say I bought version 2, would the upgrade be free or will you have to buy that too?
  • Also when I go to the download screen, what is the difference between it having PostgreSQL and without it?
  • you can download Ptracker for free with embedded reg code on various torrents sites
  • When the full version 3 comes out there would be no reason to buy version 2...go for without postgresql
  • I use Tournament indicator, and marty smiths MZone free videos for low limit tournament play.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    you can download Ptracker for free with embedded reg code on various torrents sites
    Do tell ...???
  • _obv_ wrote: »
    When the full version 3 comes out there would be no reason to buy version 2...go for without postgresql
    PT3 is has a BETA release free of charge

http://www.pokertracker3.com/
  • I've downloaded it and it just keeps telling me that Theres is a nother version of Poker Tracker running.
  • hey guys
    please don't scam PT
    the software is very useful, and it's cheapst out there.
    there are crap and useless software that cost more. like universal buddy....etc
    scam them, leave PT alone.
  • I go to open poker tracker and it asks for Server, Port, database user and password, what do I put in? I cant seem to find any instructions.
    I go to open poker tracker and it asks for Server, Port, database user and password, what do I put in? I cant seem to find any instructions.

You need to download the version with the Database attached (you have 2 options when you go to the d/l page). The install will install the database and create all those defaults.

You have the 'I already got a PT db' install, get the other one.
  • Thanks, guess I was misinformed the first time.
  • Pokertracker is worth buying. The support is excellent.
    If you play poker a lot you will want the support that comes with purchasing the software.

I have a degree in computer science and I find it nice to have the poker tracker support help me out.
  • Pokertracker is worth buying. The support is excellent.
    If you play poker a lot you will want the support that comes with purchasing the software.

I have a degree in computer science and I find it nice to have the poker tracker support help me out.

I agree. I play low limit and have profited several times the cost of PT. Imagine the ballers making hundreds of thousands with help of this. IMO they should charge far more.