QQ UTG + two callers + all in reraise...

(i apologize ahead of time for the lack of a HH).

MTT shootout. 4th level blinds at 100-200. 6 players left with top 3 moving on to the next round.

i'm UTG with QQ and the chip lead with around 7000. i raise it up to 600. (i'm fairly certain that the table sees me as tight aggressive)
UTG +1 folds
CO +1 (2nd in chips with around 5400) calls (a semi-loose passive player)
CO folds
Button (2nd last in chips with about 3300) calls (a TAG)
SB folds
BB pushes all in for 4300 (have not been able to put a good read on this guy yet)

what do you do? i want to hear some opinions before i voice my own (or tell people how the hand played out).

Comments

• m_dolens wrote: »
    blinds at 100-200. 6 players left with top 3 moving on to the next round.

i'm UTG with QQ and the chip lead with around 7000. i raise it up to 600. (i'm fairly certain that the table sees me as tight aggressive)

Might have gone abit higher on this raise, mainly because of your position, but still a respectable standard raise. If your image is correct, the table should have some respect for your OOP raise
    m_dolens wrote: »
    Okay so much for respect...two cold callers..thinking they're both on mid pockets or a strong Ace, maybe AQ or AJ.
    BB pushes all in for 4300 (have not been able to put a good read on this guy yet)
    Is he just trying to pick up a nice preflop pot? Somehow got him on a steal here...just not sure why he would try one giving the odds, unless it was to just to chase everyone else out. Its 2700 more to call into a pot of 2100 and it would leave you with around 4300, still plenty to play with and considering top 3 move on, you're still in good shape to get to the next round. You have no read though on this guy, so its a coin flip on whether or not you have the better hand.

Calling here...expect to see AKs at the least and hope for a race. I'm assuming the two cold callers are folding too after your call.
  • Easy call unless chip count is irrelevant and all taht matter is making top3 but that's not any double shootout format I've ever heard of.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Might have gone abit higher on this raise, mainly because of your position, but still a respectable standard raise. If your image is correct, the table should have some respect for your OOP raise

What do you try to accomplish by raising more pre if you're oop?
  • I break my hands going All-In.
  • Pretty sure this is a call...maybe shoving overtop?
  • one of them has you beat....fold..
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    Easy call unless chip count is irrelevant and all taht matter is making top3 but that's not any double shootout format I've ever heard of.

it's a shootout on partypoker. a mtt where top three from each table move on to the next round (and top three on each table in each round wins some money). total of 4 rounds max with most money coming at the end obviously. therefore, chip counts count for a lot (since you're chips are brought over with you to each subsequent round with an equal addition to everyone's stacks to account for the blinds increase).
  • here's how i saw it (although i obviously doubted my action enough to post it to hear some feedback):

no problems here i think. i don't feel like a larger raise will accomplish anything. in fact, i'd argue for smaller (2-2.5X BB) if anything, but not a big difference overall.

UTG +1 folds

i'm slightly concerned with this smooth call, but as long as it's just the two of us HU i should be okay. his range is anywhere from rag A to small pair. i really think he'd reraise with a strong A if he had it.

CO folds

this guy has to have a hand. very tight and hasn't showned down anything weak. with an UTG raiser and a call, he has to have a strong A for sure (AQ, AK). KK or AA would auto-reraise here with his stack i think.

SB folds

ok...what the hell. steal? legitimate push? it just seems like too much to be pushing with a premium hand. would he want to scare everyone off with his AA or KK? range could be medium/high pocket pair to AK perhaps?

so action is back on me. i figured that if i call, there is a good chance that there will be at least one call behind me. CO+1 has made some questionable calls and might just throw it in and gamble (which is not necessarily a completely bad thing i guess). short stack on the button i think is an instant call here. after a lot of thought i mucked it.

results of the hand are in white below (just to satisfy your curiousity):
    CO+1 folds
    Button calls all-in and shows AJ
    BB shows 1010
    flop, turn, river all rags
    BB takes down the pot
  • i just faced a very similar hand QQ UTG 1 caller, 1 raise all-in from med stack i called he had AA luckily i sucked out..
  • this guy has to have a hand. very tight and hasn't showned down anything weak. with an UTG raiser and a call, he has to have a strong A for sure (AQ, AK). KK or AA would auto-reraise here with his stack i think.

Keep in mind i haven't seen the results..

I would say with that chip stack he would push with TT or better..

The big blind is the interesting player. I wouldn't put him on a steal as there's alot of action ahead of him and if you (and the other TAG) are projecting the image you say you are (and he's paying attention) he's going to know it's likely at least ONE of you has a legit hand. But to be honest I can't put him on a range beyond saying any PP, AK/AQ/AJ..

This is one of the types of hands I hate, because my gut says to call and re-evaluate after the flop, but any A or K on the board and a bet makes me queasy... With your stack, I'd say push with the intention of pushing the TAG and the Loose Passive player off their hands if possible, but that runs 100% counter to what my gut says.
  • actyper wrote: »
    What do you try to accomplish by raising more pre if you're oop?

You don't want a weak Ace to call you, and the three bet standard from early position usually doesn't push them out, but I find a four or five bet raise will do the trick.

In this situation though, I don't think he would have folded his AJ, but I still would have called the push in front of me.