Too many Topics

Ok I have not really been around alot to read or anything on the forum.. But since I have been trying to get back into the forum. I am finding it has to much going on to even find things...

what the heck is going on here. We have general poker chat.. ok that is good then you have Brags, beats & Variance ... Ok is that not general poker chat ??? or am I really confused here.. NOw we have Poker Strategy.. mmm is not online poker talk the same thing.. or even wsop & wpt deiscussion..even Member tournament talk and info and ONline Poker talk could be classified with your brags, beats and Variance or Poker Strategy.. NOt only that now I have to learn to read french.. If I want to know what there talking about. or have program that will change it to english so I may read what french speaking people post.. Since when did this forum ever want to have a french topic.. NO offense intended towards french speaking people here .. But, what is next itialian, chinese, or any other language. What if I speak or write or read in some other language are you going to make a new topic for that too.. ??? Is english not the second most used language in the world.. if not the first???

I know change is good .. But keeping the forum simple and easy to use is good too.
It could be I have not been reading enough of the forum to take in these changes yet .. But to find interesting things to read is become to much of a bother to even try. Now with the added french topic, I cant even read what these people have to offer for the forum..

Please explain these things and as I have said Lets keep the forum simple and easy to use. Please........

Comments

• Click on "New Posts" and read what interests you - when you aren't interested in any of the topics left, click on "Quick Links" and then "Mark Forums Read"

That way you don't have to go through all the different forums, and you only see what's newly posted when you come back.

I like the new topics....there's much more to read here than there was 3-4 weeks ago when it was mostly off-topic stuff that I had no interest in.
  • If you want to read what is written in the french section, just copy the text and go to www.freetranslation.com paste the text in, click on "french to english" and voila!

For instance-

http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=15165

The OP says- c'est une bonne idée d'avoir un forum pour les canadiens en plus pour les francophones....good

Which translates to- this is a good idea to have a forum for the Canadians what's more for the French-speaking ones. ...good
  • Is english not the second most used language in the world.. if not the first???
    Actually the most spoken language in the world is Chinese, followed by Spanish, then English. French is 11th.. However French is one of Canada's two "official" languages and this is a Canadian based forum... About 3 times as many speak Chinese as English... Come on Graham let's have a Chinese categorie....
  • I couldn't agree more... I asked about this when I first got here and most people told me there were reasons for each section so I just left it as is. Since adding some of the new ones though, I have noticed some sections getting more quiet. I completely agree with what you are saying though and I am going to start consolidating some of the sections shortly. It may take a little time though as I will prob have to move 1 thread at a time to the proper section from the more "General" type sections.

As for the french section, that was more just a test to see if there were lots of french visitors coming to the forum that weren't registering because there was nowhere for them to post. I am going to leave it for a bit, but it will probably end up getting removed as nobody is posting there.

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and comments like this are great and help me make the forum better for all you guys.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Actually the most spoken language in the world is Chinese, followed by Spanish, then English. French is 11th.. However French is one of Canada's two "official" languages and this is a Canadian based forum... About 3 times as many speak Chinese as English... Come on Graham let's have a Chinese categorie....

IMO... the most widely spoken language in the world is Bad English.

To say Chinese lumps all forms/dialects into one category (much like saying Bad English) but a large percentage of these people will also speak some form of English (from fluent to very VERY broken). The same would be true for those that speak Spanish as their native tongue.
  • lay ho ma :()
  • Graham wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more... I asked about this when I first got here and most people told me there were reasons for each section so I just left it as is. Since adding some of the new ones though, I have noticed some sections getting more quiet. I completely agree with what you are saying though and I am going to start consolidating some of the sections shortly. It may take a little time though as I will prob have to move 1 thread at a time to the proper section from the more "General" type sections.

I digress (is that even the right word to use?) All of the sections right now has their own respective use and are necessary to a certain extent. To me, a board with 10 or so main boards is not alot at all.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    lay ho ma :()

woa hen hao, lei la?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    woa hen hao, lei la?
    All future Chinese communication is to be in the Chinese alphabet please.. :)
  • Great site with the free translation. I often receive documents in another language, trying to determine what everything is takes more time than the client wants to pay.

Nice Leaf Nation Avatar, tried to change my Leaf Logo on poker stars to the Rock Lacrosse, guess I had already used up my one change. Stuck with it for now, Hope they become a team again soon!!

Milton "Can't figure out acronyms, let alone another language" Slim
  • Sorry, but I HAVE to think that there are many more English speakers than any other language. Maybe not as a FIRST language, but think of all the Euro nations, and how many people there speak more than one tongue. Invariably, English is the second language. Same with Latin, and South America, I'm guessing . . .
  • westside8 wrote: »
    woa hen hao, lei la?

GOT ME ON MY KNEES....

Beggin darlin please....

Mark
  • Wow, thanks for the link Tim, I had no idea there were so many... Now, anyone here speak Ter Sami?
  • who else is eavesdropping on jah and wes...translation please?

(until that happens I'm presuming that Jah asked Wes to senior prom and Wes said that he just wants to be friends)
  • LOL thanks for the feed back .... I still think there is way to much going on here... I cant keep up..