Player pool size for BCC 20/40

Anyone have a guess as to the player pool size for the 20/40 game at BCC? Perhaps 3 classes: regulars (>= 2x / week), semi-regulars (>= 2x / month), total # people (at least 1 time / year).

If I had to guess, I'd peg it around 20-30 regulars, ~100 semi-regulars (I fall in this category), and no more than 1000 different people even taking a shot at the game over a one-year span.

What do people think? Also, does anyone think that the player pool size for the 20/40 game too small?

Comments

• The player pool at the BCC is bigger then anywhere else IMO. The only places to play 20-40 today is BCC and GBH. During peak times the GBH can get two 20-40 games going, but the player pool itself is quite small IMO. I'm a regular at the GBH and it's the exact same group of 30 or so players all the time. The Omaha has also taken some of the action players from the 20-40 LHE.

It's interesting to note, you'll see waves of players. Certain players will play very frequently for a period of time and then disappear (went broke, other commitments, etc...)
  • The regular pool is, imho, probably bigger than 20-30. I'd say closer to 40-50.

I play once a week, so I'd fall into the second category.

Sure, there are a lot of the same folks, who seem like they are *always* there, but like dealers, I find you see different people depending on the time of day you go.

For example, at the end of 2007, I had to use up some vacation days, so my one day/week was during the day. Normally, like tomorrow, I go from 4:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. or so. While some players play both, there tends to be a "day" crowd, and a "night" crowd. Of course, this doesn't apply to those folks who are playing "for a living".

I will say, the more you play there, the more you get the respect of the "regulars". That is, of course, assuming you can play. Of course, if you like giving money away, like a few guys who play the game, you get a different kind of respect! :-)

macbb