% of flops seen

In a typical tournament what is your average % of flops seen. Mine is right around 15-25% per tournament and compared to the other people I know who play online seems to be really low.

I'm talking about 1 table sit and go's.

Comments

• Not sure if there's a right answer for 1 table SNG's. This is a question I've asked a few of our successful MTT players and they seem to be in the 10-15% range before reaching the final table...didn't really answer your question, but hope it helps.

P.S. there's a pretty juicy Thursday night game each week in Leamington
    PM me if you are ever in the area.
  • for single table sngs, i tend to play pretty tight for the first few levels unless i get dealt a big hand. therefore, i am usually close to the bottom for % of flops seen (probably less than or equal to 10%). once the blinds get bigger (around when a three times the BB raise is about 10% of my stack) or the number of players decrease (to about 6 or less) i start to open my game up a bit. this means i'm probably seeing closer to 15-20% of the flops. once down to four players or less, well that obviously goes up the longer i play. overall, on a sng that i place first in, i'm probably averaging about the same percentage of seen flops as you (15-25%).

i completely agree that this percentage is much lower compared to the others that i play (who normally average 30% or higher while they bust out in 6th place). i consider myself to be a pretty good single table sng player and it definitely has to do (at least in part) to my choice of flops seen.

imho, single table tournaments can (more or less) be won with one or two big pots. this doesn't mean that you can win one big pot and just sit back and win easily, but compared to the total amount of chips on the table, winning one or two big pots really gives you a large advantage over the rest of the players. 'small ball' works well in mtts, but not great in sngs i find. therefore, tight play in the early going is key, and look to double up on a big hand. i can't even count how many times i've seen less than 15% of the flops with 4 people left who are all seeing 20%+ flops and i'm the chip leader.
  • Can't agree with you more on SNG's, all you you really need to do is win each hand you play up to final 4 basically.. Shouldn't really take more than 2-3 hands...
  • That's what I figured. The more people that get out the higher my flop rate is. But if I'm on my game I usually win about 85% or so of the flops that I see, and usually take down more pots pre-flop because of my tight image.
    I never really even noticed that one or two big pots really will put you in the money until you said that, now I notice it a lot more.
    Thanks for the responses.