poker dream goes to sleep

PokerDream Network Goes to Sleep 02/28/2008 04:48 AM
The PokerDream Network was aptly named. Its pitch was that just about everyone could have their own online poker site for a mere $1500.00 investment. It gave forum owners and poker leagues a chance to have private tournaments, as well as having access to the network tournaments. The PokerDream spiel went something like this: “The Branded Operator Membership offers a 100% branded Multi Player Poker Room designed per your specifications including a logo and a Poker Portal for your players account management. This membership offers a completely hosted solution where you the licensee leases the PokerDream Software and is responsible for marketing your room and managing your players and tournaments. We provide all the technical support to host the game and maintain the systems, hardware, software and continued proper operation,” etc., etc. All real money deposits and cash-outs were handled by PokerDream.

If it seemed too good to be true, it was. This week all skin operators on the network were locked out of their admin accounts. Previously, player withdrawals had been backlogged for a month or more. As of Wednesday, the PokerDream website and forum have been shut down and licensees have accused the owners of leaving in the middle of the night after having spent all the player’s money while waiting for an investor that never came. Another blamed the problem on PokerDream having more skins than players. Whatever the cause, it appears the network is dead in the water. PokerRoomReview has compiled a partial list of PokerDream Network skins:

Arctic Poker Club, NetFun Poker, Poker Knights, Poker Mustang, Poker Rouge, Pokers Flop, VI Menn, ClixoPoker, Lolita Poker, Online Holdem Club, DucksFullPoker, FoxRake, CaptainsDenPoker, IM4Poker, Planet7, PokerFreak, Push’em Poker, Freya Poker, Milford Poker, Ozy Poker, DanePoker, ChasersPoker, Dawgg House Poker, Solar Poker , NewfieDog Poker, PokerPrat, PokerRetreat, Poker8, Grandpa’s Poker, PokerSharkz, ZeroRisk Poker, K9 Poker Room, SlyDawgPoker, Gunslingers Poker Room.

Comments

• Crap there goes $80. :(
  • This is the latest update.
    Take it for what it's worth.

POKERDREAM Network Goes to Sleep Update 03/03/2008 12:00 PM

Apparently, POKERDREAM’s site is back online with limited functionality, and its management has issued an announcement providing some information on the current status of the POKERDREAM network. It reads, in part:

As you know one of our deposit methods have been major Credit Cards. In January and February we unfortunately were the victims of credit card fraud by a group of players in Great Britain and Finland. This group managed to credit accounts with over $30,000 in funds. By the time we were notified by the Credit Card companies these deposits had been played in the system and distributed out to other players in ring games during play as well as player to player transfers. A good portion of these deposited funds were also paid out to the players committing the fraud via our other e-Wallet funding methods. As of 2 weeks ago our Credit Card merchant account was closed due to this fraudulent activity and the merchant kept the entire amount POKERDREAM had in reserves. Currently POKERDREAM is speaking with its major investors in an attempt to get additional funding to recover from the losses incurred by this fraudulent act. POKERDREAM is disputing the loss of the reserve cash we had with the Credit Card merchant however this process could take a considerable amount of time to resolve with our company lawyers. We are working very hard to resolve this loss with our investor group so that we can continue business as usual and payout the players due.
  • Thanks Hobbes, I just saw that and was going to post. Hopefully those in the network get their money out.
  • HOLY SHIT!! SOLAR IS ON THAT LIST!

Got to get my $$ out!!! Damn, can't do it from work...shitbuggerdamn!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT!! SOLAR IS ON THAT LIST!

Got to get my $$ out!!! Damn, can't do it from work...shitbuggerdamn!!!

Can't get any $$$ out right now.
    All WD options are disabled.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Can't get any $$$ out right now.
    All WD options are disabled.

Well ****!!!!!!

Guess I'll have to wait and see if they ever get back with a new backer, or I'll just have to kiss the $$ goodbye!
  • I haven't been able to log in to Solar for a few weeks now. I keep getting some error message.

There goes my millions...
  • After uninstalling and reinstalling for the umpteenth time, I can finally get on Solar.

Any idea how to withdrawl if I didn't make a deposit in the first place? They don't seem to have a cheque in the mail option.
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    After uninstalling and reinstalling for the umpteenth time, I can finally get on Solar.

Any idea how to withdrawl if I didn't make a deposit in the first place? They don't seem to have a cheque in the mail option.

I did get a cheque in the mail from them..but I had to deposit something first. I think I just made the minimum deposit via Visa (or it might've been Moneybookers) and withdrew right away.
  • But do I really want to do that now, under the circumstances?
  • http://www.pokerroomreview.com/Search.aspx?Area=all&Search=PokerDream

Looks like I can kiss my $ on Solar good bye :(

POKERDREAM Network Goes to Sleep Update 03/12/2008 06:56 AM

After a brief period back online, the POKERDREAM Network is offline once again with no warning to players owed money. Allegations are being made on forums that the owner of POKERDREAM falsely accused players of credit card fraud, banned skin operators for no reason, and misappropriated player funds. The owner’s telephone has recently been disconnected and it is believed that the seriously crippled network is down for the final count this time.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Looks like I can kiss my $ on Solar good bye :(

Me too...just thankful it wasn't MY money...started off with CPF$, ramped it up a little...just too bad I can't get it now.

Just checked it...showing zip in my account...can't call up a history of transactions either...goddamn thieving bastards!!
  • I was on the site tonight to see what was going on and was able to cash out.
    Could this be an Easter miracle....we'll see.

Might as well try and grab it.
  • I see my account is now open, but I'm not able to withdraw because I personally never made the deposit. Do I have options here?
  • I'm in the same boat.

Anyone wanna trade Solar $$ for FTP $$?
    :)
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.

Anyone wanna trade Solar $$ for FTP $$?
    :)

You won't be able to xfer. Str8 tried that yesterday. I was going to WD his $ and pay him later, but since he made no deposit he could not xfer.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Arctic Poker Club, NetFun Poker, Poker Knights, Poker Mustang, Poker Rouge, Pokers Flop, VI Menn, ClixoPoker, Lolita Poker, Online Holdem Club, DucksFullPoker, FoxRake, CaptainsDenPoker, IM4Poker, Planet7, PokerFreak, Push’em Poker, Freya Poker, Milford Poker, Ozy Poker, DanePoker, ChasersPoker, Dawgg House Poker, Solar Poker , NewfieDog Poker, PokerPrat, PokerRetreat, Poker8, Grandpa’s Poker, PokerSharkz, ZeroRisk Poker, K9 Poker Room, SlyDawgPoker, Gunslingers Poker Room.

LMFAO, how'd that work out?