Windy Landings

Anyone going on a flight soon? Check this video out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z42fchrzhHY

Comments

• May never go on one again, thanks a bunch Graham.
  • Dude..that would be crazy..but no doubt that pilot saved all those people (From what i can tell). Of course..if i was on the flight, i would probably be cursing the pilot, and planes.....
  • lol..sooo umm, I just decided to get on a plane for the first time in years...I should skip this link?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    lol..sooo umm, I just decided to get on a plane for the first time in years...I should skip this link?

Don't let the title fool you... its a video about kittens ;)
  • True story. In 1990 some of the boys went to the DR for a little holiday in the sun. Several were/are aircraft mechs. Landing in Santo Domingo seemed a little rough, but I had not been on a plane in over 15 years. Looked over at my friends who were, to a man, white as sheets. These were guys who landed in 737's on gravel strips in the Arctic!. I went from being a little concerned to scared ****less in about a heartbeat. Hasn't stopped me from getting on board, though.
  • That is some incredible footage! Trying to land a jumbo jet in those conditions is just insane. What a dink of a pilot...although he was smart enough NOT to let the landing gear touch down.

I'd hate to be on the clean-up crew! Lots of loaded barf bags and upholstery to be steam cleaned! Or working at the compliant desk in the terminal!

Johnnie.

ps...Kristy flying really is one of the safest ways to travel. If you go down over the ocean that little flotation device will help when you land at 300knots. :D GOOD LUCK!
  • Great footage. I'd read about that and hadn't seen it yet.

Ditto on the barf bags.

Probably a round of applause when they did get down safe.
  • I have flown to a dozen countries, but none of the flights was ever as dangerous as trying to DRIVE through Kitchener last night! ;)
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    flying really is one of the safest ways to travel.