AK unsuited, raise, re-raise (Part II)

2/5 cash game, player in early position raises to $20, followed by a caller then a re-raise to $80 by a LAG player. You look down at AKo in the BB. With two players behind me and no position, I folded more because I wasn't sure what the other two would do. If they call, I'm in, if they raise, I'm out. I really hate folding AK in any position. LAG gets one caller and of course the flop brings an ace. LAG raises $200 and takes the pot showing jacks. Bad fold?

[btw, on the very next hand (no lie), I get AK again and go heads-up against the same player and double up on the turn of AA105. He shows AJ and loses to a lower kicker.]

Comments

• 2/5 cash game, player in early position raises to $20, followed by a caller then a re-raise to $80 by a LAG player.

You raise (all-in or whatever) to go against the LAG and shut out EP.
  • Either a fold or shove....you are most likely up against a PP
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    You raise (all-in or whatever) to go against the LAG and shut out EP.

BBC is correct here, as he was correct in his original anlysis of the AKs in chris's thread.

Given the payout structure of the previous thread it's an easy fold.

I repop the lag here and call his all in or shove all in here. You don't list stack sizes that I recall but stack sizes is crutial in determining your move.