Coins in No Country for Old Men

I have been thiking a lot about numismatics and the idea of finding rare coins in pocket change... (like, I know the 1972 Lincoln penny marked 'S' should be checked for double impressions)

BUT Why was Javier Bardem so obsessed with those coins? in the movie No Country for Old Men?

It was like each quarter had a story to tell, where it had been ... etc and I think his character, Anton Ciqur, could sense that somehow , and that would make a guy go crazy.

He made a point of making the gas station attendent read the date on the coin, BEFORE they flipped - he said ' its important'

img_005_nocountry_468x60.jpg

Comments

• I don't understand if this is spam or what? Your first post on a poker forum is promoting a movie through some kind of weird affiliate link.... care to enlighten me?
  • WITCH!! WITCH!

WE FOUND A WITCH!!!!

LET'S BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRN HER!

Mark
  • You know I read all the poker discussion threads for hours... there's a lot of powerful wisdom there. This is a good forum. And I don't just want to be a 'lurker' when I am such a naturally chatty guy - i felt i had to chime in somewhere...

But I don't have anything interesting to contribute when it comes to Poker.

However I do know how to Find Rare Coins in Pocket Change
    and I just saw No Country for Old Men.
  • if you live in kw, you can use some of those pennies and nickels to get into one of the many cash games there...