Weather

This lovely stormed canceled my first flight causing me to miss my connection to Vegas.

I'm now stuck at Buffalo international on standby for 70% more than my original ticket.

Atleast they started serving at 9am.

Comments

• one word... Seneca! actually two words... I'm jealous!
  • Hmm, we have done the overnight at Senaca before when our flight was cancelled due to mechanical... My question here though is you should NOT have to pay more because of cancellation by airline or weather. What the heck airline wants to charge you more? I would really question that.
  • i could have *maybe* flown the same airline for the same price, but it would have consited of waiting in the airport for an additional 6 hours and then a 9 hour flight with two stop overs.

at that point i just wanted to get the fk out of buffalo and to vegas so i said put me on the next flight regardless of $

my original return ticket was $240
    i paid $400 ONE WAY to get here....lol
  • You should really check into that Soup, I've flown around North America many many times and have never paid more for a flight than I have originally contracted for (other than one time I missed my flight due to my own lateness). If a flight is cancelled, every airline that I am aware will put you on the next available flight, regardless of airline. They use what is called equivalent tickets and trade them amongst themselves to keep it even. What airline were you supposed to be flying?
  • Damn too bad I didnt know this before...I simply got my ticket refunded to my Visa and moved on to South West. My original carrier was Continental.
  • Understand the situation you were in, ya just wanna get going.... Did Continental not offer you anything? Or did you ask? I know for a fact that Continental suscribes to the ticket exchange program... didn't know they had direct flights Buffalo to Vegas though, I know Southwest does..
  • Soup wrote: »
    my original return ticket was $240
    i paid $400 ONE WAY to get here
    :eek: Wow, that was a huge difference. What happens with your return flight?

I'm wondering if I will also get fleeced in July when I plan to have an open return flight from Las Vegas. Does anybody have any tips on how to minimize the cost of accomodation and return flight when you don't know how long you will be staying? Aside from Harrah's, which motels/hotels offer a free shuttle to Rio and The Strip?
  • Any open return flight will cost you quite a bit more, not sure exactly how much since I used to mostly use those on business travel.. Have you not already booked something? As for hotels no issue, books asap for as long as you potentially may stay, you can always cancel a few days at the end if you don't stay. No extra cost for that.... Even if you find a better hotel price after you have booked you can always cancel and rebook, most hotels allow cancellation up to 48 or 72 hours prior to arrival.
  • I did speak to continental regarding getting on one of THEIR later flights, but it was the 9 hour commmute with 2 stops, something I had no interest in.

As far as my return flight...I've found one way tickets Vegas --> Buffalo for $99 so it shouldnt be too bad.

If I ever leave of course, this place is degen paradise:)