Fallsview Trip Report.

Never Bluff a Calling Station.

I learn slowly....

I've really got to cut down on the bluffing at No Limit.

I get to fallsview around 2. The waiting lists are huge. There is; 1 1/2 ; 1 2/5 ; and 3 5/5 tables. I get listed for all games.

A 5/10 game starts.
I get seated after about 2 hours at a 5/5.
I slowly claw my way from $400 to $700.

Then disaster.
I decide to dark tunnel bluff a loose player who calls my missed flush down with and 8 for 3rd pair.

Back down to $300

Claw my way up to about $900 and change.

Aggressive player opens for $30, LAG calls. I decide to try a squeeze play, I make it $110... (I have 47d) LAG calls... Duh I think I'm stupid trying to squeeze a LAG.

Flop comes J74 2 diamonds...

LAG checks
I'm a moron who tries to run over LAGS and I bet $220.
LAG Calls.

I figure I'm done with the hand.

Turn is a 6 of diamonds...

I have a flush draw and a low pair..

I push all in for $600.

Lag thinks and calls with Jd5d for flush over flush.

Doh!

I decide to go for a walk and then rebuy for just $200.

You'd think I learned my lesson?? Nope!

I slowly rebuild until I have about $1150
I get TT, Agg raises $30, LAG calls $30, I re-raise to $120.
Lag Calls.

Flop is 468r I bet $240, Lag calls,

Pot is now $750.
Turn is a Ten.
I raise $700 putting the lag all in, he calls.

And shows 57s for the nut straight.

Duh. What was I thinking?
Of course he has 57s!

I rebuy for $200 and claw my way back up until I'm a $1275.
I finish the day up $275. I lost about $700+$900+$1100=$2700 due to stupid plays vs calling stations.

Conclusion: I've got to stop stacking myself with these stupid bluffs.

Part 2 will be about what happens when some very good players come to the table.

Comments

• >> Back down to $300. Claw my way up to about $900 and change.

>> I decide to go for a walk and then rebuy for just $200. I slowly rebuild until I have about $1150

>> I rebuy for $200 and claw my way back up until I'm a $1275.

How long does this "slowly clawing" process take? If I win $500 at a 5/5 game (whether it be through a lot of small pots or 1 big pot), I'm pretty happy. $500 is 50 PTBB at $5/5. If I play for 6 hours, I expect to see ~200 hands. Making 25 PTBB / 100 is an absurdly high winrate (unheard of online).

It sounds like you think that making $2000 every 4 hours at a 5/5 game is standard (unless I'm mistaken). If so, I need to see how you play.
  • I've really got to cut down on the bluffing at No Limit.

Yes, really bad idea. In tournaments ok, in cash game, very dangerous.
    I decide to try a squeeze play, I make it $110... (I have 47d)

I really question this amount of raise with garbage. Not recommended.

LAG checks
    I'm a moron who tries to run over LAGS and I bet $220.
    LAG Calls.

I figure I'm done with the hand.

Turn is a 6 of diamonds...

you have a flush with two pair on the flop and you are out of the hand. I wouldn't put the other player on a flush and you have some outs for the full house. Why are you giving up on this hand??
    I finish the day up $275. I lost about $700+$900+$1100=$2700 due to stupid plays vs calling stations.

Those are huge swings in your stack. You must be playing extremely loose and hitting some flops hard and getting extremely lucky when the right cards come (like the 74 example).
  • The waiting lists are huge. There is; 1 1/2 ; 1 2/5 ; and 3 5/5 tables. I get listed for all games.

The last couple of times I have gone to Fallsview , the lists have been huge and they refuse to open tables . Regular players have seen them CLOSE FULL tables at 4 AM because " they don't have staff " .

... seems like they want to drive customers away ...again
  • Aggressive player opens for $30, LAG calls. I decide to try a squeeze play, I make it $110... (I have 47d) LAG calls... Duh I think I'm stupid trying to squeeze a LAG.

something here doesn't add up?

pokerJAH wrote: »
    I really question this amount of raise with garbage. Not recommended.

This is kind of standard for a squeeze. Nothing wrong with making one once in a while. Make a few of these with garbage and then when you bet big with big hands you get paid.

As for the TR. Countdown to busto?
  • cadillac wrote: »
    This is kind of standard for a squeeze. Nothing wrong with making one once in a while. Make a few of these with garbage and then when you bet big with big hands you get paid.

I agree this move is ok once in a while but why risk so much? I would typically do this with a lot of limpers and come in for the first raise. Haven't tried the re-raise very often w garbage.
  • I wouldn't recommend a squeeze play with that kind of marginal hand at a table full of donks where it's unlikely to work. This is FV we're talking about, guys just don't fold to a reraise preflop (great if you actually have a hand). FV is great to get paid off with a hand, but far too often I see players who just can't fold even 3rd pr & end up winning a big pot vs someone who was trying to represent a good hand.

I don't know how long you played, but your swings would be very dramatic if you weren't at the table for very long. In fact, I can't recall anyone have that much wild swings within a 5 hr period (again, I don't know how long you were playing).
  • I slowly rebuild until I have about $1150
    I get TT, Agg raises $30, LAG calls $30, I re-raise to $120.
    Lag Calls.

Flop is 468r I bet $240, Lag calls,

Pot is now $750.
    Turn is a Ten.
    I raise $700 putting the lag all in, he calls.

And shows 57s for the nut straight.

Duh. What was I thinking?

Yeah cuz 79 is the nuts.
  • HP_John wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend a squeeze play with that kind of marginal hand at a table full of donks where it's unlikely to work. This is FV we're talking about, guys just don't fold to a reraise preflop (great if you actually have a hand). FV is great to get paid off with a hand, but far too often I see players who just can't fold even 3rd pr & end up winning a big pot vs someone who was trying to represent a good hand.

Yeah I totally agree....play TAG...you make a killing at FV....