Looking for advice on limits/type of games to play.

Hey guys I just started playing online poker and taking it seriously. Anyway I received a free $50 bankroll on MANSION poker and have been working on building it. For the last couple weeks I've played about an hour a day average.
I've read poker books in the past and concentrated on improving my game. I've also watched some videos and lots of TV poker episodes. I do take poker very seriously.

Anyway! I've been hovering around $65-$95 since I started with the $50, and I have been playing mostly .05/.10 NL and a little bit of .15/.25. I've been playing 4 tables at a time last couple sessions and I like just playing premium hands and it keeps me from getting involved in bad hands. Today I played a $2 + .25 NL TURBO on Mansion with 1130 entries and placed 4th for my first ever MTT cash of $136. I am getting a VISA very soon and plan on cashing some of that out for myself, and trying to keep building on maybe $50.
I know that may be silly to you guys that I have never even made a deposit and I hope you can still take me seriously! lol

Do you guys have any advice on what types of games I should play? I would say that live I am better at tournament play but I like cash game online because I don't have a lot of time to play sometimes and I like to be able to leave when I have to. But I still do like playing SnG's. The mansion site just blows ass so I am going to deposit on to Full Tilt.

Comments

• If you planning to play with $50 and trying to build a bankroll, I would say stick with low limit SNG's ( $1-3 ). Until you believe that you can moveup to the next level. If you want some good references for books the harrington volumes are great, also theory and practice of poker.
  • thanks schabs, ill look those up, i think i have a harrington Ebook so im gonna check that out
  • unfortunately being a university student i dont have the bankroll right now to invest in putting a lot of money online for poker, but the little 100 withdraw's will keep me going if i can make that happen
  • amazon is decently cheap
  • make sure you get rakeback for fulltilt
    i use raketherake.com
    very good site
    if you want to use me as referral, sent me a PM for my referral ID>
  • i already have an account at full tilt which i made like 2 yrs ago when i wasnt really serious about poker and was just checkin out all the freerolls
    lol