Mlb

Anyone else excited that the pitchers and catchers reported to spring training today?

With all the stupid steroids/HGH/Roger Clemens/Barry Bonds going on, seems like MLB is being seen with alot of negativity lately. I'm actually quite excited for this season.

Jays...on paper...should be competitive. Going to be a good race in the Central between Tigers and Indians, as well as West between Angels Mariners.

NL wise, going to be interesting to see if Mets can come back from their late season failure last season, how the Cubs can do with an improving Brewers hot on their tail, and the NL West no longer being the joke of the MLB.

Comments

• Always look forward to this day each year.
  • Used to be a HUGE ball fan. Always had a sunburn the day after the home opener, usually as a reaction to the meds prescribed by my Dr. (honest). Had hoped for a resurgence in interest with the Jays of recent vintage, but so far, not so much. Maybe this year, but I do not like their chances. Hopefully they'll at least be entertaining.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Maybe this year, but I do not like their chances. Hopefully they'll at least be entertaining.

I do. On paper they should be able to overtake the Yanks for second place. Whether or not they can do it is another thing.
  • It's all about the injuries. They can't afford to have Holliday or Wells/Rios be out for an extended period of time.

The AL Wildcard spot is so tough to win. The BoSox will of course win the East and I'd like to say the Yankees are done, but they always find a way to make the playoffs. Detroit and Cleveland are both decent, and I have to think the White Sox will make some sort of push this year.

Al least the Mets aren't in our division.
  • Just a gut, but Jays no better than 3rd in the East, again. Somebody ALWAYS goes down. Jays do not have the depth to absorb that.