Anyone play at Pokeroom?

Anyone here play at pokeroom? I just won a ticket for their monthly $500K guarantee (through a satellite) and am wondering what to expect.

Comments

• I've been there for 4 years now. I haven't yet played in the 500K as it's only been around for a couple months and I haven't tried qualifying yet. I've played a few times in the Grand and even with the big money tourney it's all about avoiding the donkey's early.

There are always a bunch of pushers (seems to be a euro thing) in the early going but once you find them it's quite fun to pick them off with a monster.

I definitely advise playing quite tightly for the first hour at least.

One last thing.....the site is rigged :). I have found that whenever I play bullets slow for a big score they get busted.

Good luck......would love to hear your brag.
  • I used to play there back in 2001 but haven't been there lately. I remember there being a lot of good players there.
  • mole whats your username on pokerroom?

I play most heavily on Hollywood poker which is the same network. I guess the best thing is that you have to play the tourneys straight up as there is no addon software that can dl tournament histories so it is an even playing field that way.
  • Thanks Hellmuth's Mole. It's what I've found too so far... let the donkeys take each other out (unless I'm lucky enough to catch a monster hand early) and play real poker once the field thins a little.

Slow playing Aces, eh? Isn't that one of the 69 commandments of poker, "Thall shalt not slow play Aces"?

The $500k is on Saturday. I'll be happy to brag if there's anything to brag about.
  • Buddha wrote: »
    Thanks Hellmuth's Mole. It's what I've found too so far... let the donkeys take each other out (unless I'm lucky enough to catch a monster hand early) and play real poker once the field thins a little.

Slow playing Aces, eh? Isn't that one of the 69 commandments of poker, "Thall shalt not slow play Aces"?

The $500k is on Saturday. I'll be happy to brag if there's anything to brag about.
    nice
    i have account at mansion, but i haven't been back there since they move to ongame.
    i'm hoping mansion will do what other ongame is doing, and start a never ending bonus for continuation play.
    it would have be sick for me. since i get RB there as well ^^