How to build a bankroll on online poker

What do you guys think is the smartest way to go about building up some cash with a $50 deposit? Low-Limit cash tables? cheap MTT's? Single table tournies? Anyone have a good strategy?

Comments

• Definitely not cheap MTTs. Very high variance and not a good way to build it up. Stick with SnGs or low-limit cash game.
  • I agree with West... but it also depends where your strength is. Personally, I do pretty well with heads-up games. I win 65-70% of the time so I play alot of cheap heads up to build my bankroll then try some MTT's.
  • I like the heads-up idea, I find I'm probably slightly better at heads-up then anything, but SnG's seem much safer for me then cash games.. I have to dicipline myself much better in a cash game and my dicipline isn't so good lately :(
  • I'm the same way. If you could play $1 or $2 heads up, I'd do that. I'll invest anywhere from 2-5% of my bankroll heads up, depending if I feel I'm at the top of my game.
  • First Bonus Whore is through PSO to get some free stuff.

Then play low LIMIT cash poker games (not No Limit as one bad beat could wipe you out.)

Also what games do you play? I

have been playing a lot of Stud Hi/Lo lately and it is super easy to clear bonus and make some money playing simple A B C poker. (But that is STUD Hi/Lo A B C poker)

Also check out Chris Ferguson $0 to $10 K for buy-in vs. bank roll tips.

Also see http://www.bonuswhores.com/

Clear the bonus, cash it out and then move to the next site.

Repeat.
  • If you feel like signing up for new sites and/or through things like PSO, myself (and I'm sure there are others) who don't mind a referral.
  • Well the most important things are bankroll management and discipline.
    As for actual poker playing... SNGs for sure... they are the easiest to get good at.

Also make sure you get rakeback when signing up for a new site.
  • or you can post lots lost thread here
    every 200post = 10EURO
    that's like $20 cad?
    with $50 roll, you won't come close to making 10 euro, every 200 hand.
    and posting here avoid to get badbeat as well.
    good luck
  • I'd like to add that you do *not* want to just get bonuses.
    Get a bonus *and* a rakeback.

Over the long haul getting rakeback is more important than bonuses for low stakes players.

Note:I'm not unbiased in this since I'm an affiliate for all the major sites.
  • I would download Ultimate Bet b/c of their minitables. You can play up to 9 and it is easy when you're playing 10 handed. Get used to the multitable play, play 5c/10c NL, (4or 5 tables to start) and play only premium hands aggressively. I was able to build up my $50 a few years ago and never looked back. I quickly increased stakes to the 10c/25c, and never looked back :)
  • alorlilly wrote: »
    I would download Ultimate Bet b/c of their minitables. You can play up to 9 and it is easy when you're playing 10 handed. Get used to the multitable play, play 5c/10c NL, (4or 5 tables to start) and play only premium hands aggressively. I was able to build up my $50 a few years ago and never looked back. I quickly increased stakes to the 10c/25c, and never looked back :)
    good job
    but i don't think UB is good anymore, they switch to contribute now.
    on a serious note
    $50 start off at pokerstar or partypoker
    you double your money with deposite bonus.
    then when you hit $600 go to fulltilt for their $600 deposite bonus, plus rakeback.
    once you are at certain level of BR, cash some out, and go to everysite that offer a good deposite bonus. (if they offer rakeback, you must take that as well)
    then you decide where you want as your main site.
  • I dunno if NoiQ and the entraction network accept CA players but they are offering great deposit bonuses up to €5000. Their loyalty program is worth about 30-45% in cashback. If you dont have the money to start building your bankroll then use the pokerschool that offer €75 for free and the same loyalty program. Just need to pass the quiz.
  • Stick to the $3 single table Sngs and avoid too much play at the early blind levels. Once in awhile when you've been on a bit of a hotstreak take a shot at the 180 man 1$2 mtt, top 3 in that bad boy will shoot your roll up really quick.