Using online banking as a means to make a deposit..

Does anyone have any info or know if you can use ur bank account as a means to deposit to a poker client? I see on pokertrillion it has a "Bank Transfer" option but I can't choose a bank or anything it is definately not making it simple for me! The first thing that comes up when I choose Bank Transfer has RBC bank or somethin and I use CIBC. I also can't see anywhere where I can select a different bank. Anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• I have my bank account set up on Party. I'm sure you can do it on others but I don't know which ones specifically.

I recommend getting a moneybookers account. Most sites use them now and the transfers are free between Moneybookers and poker sites if you're set up in $US.
  • 2nd the Moneybookers suggestion... Best for sure...
  • so whats the process of setting up moneybookers? does it just run through your bank account?
  • Davis08 wrote: »
    so whats the process of setting up moneybookers? does it just run through your bank account?

You can do a transfer to moneybookers from your bank, but it's a wire transfer. Moneybookers has no fee, but there may be a bank fee. TD charged me $10 on a withdrawl from moneybookers, so it's not alot.

Takes 2-3 biz days for the deposit.
  • To add to what Hobbes is saying, however you get the $$$ onto MB is your business, but once you have $$$ there you can transfer from it to most any Poker site and back for free (to take advantage of reload bonuses, etc). Makes a great intermediary pocket book, kinda your ewallet... Then after you make you millions just get the poker site to send a cheque. Never figured why so many here (and on other poker forums) are so facinated with finding easy methods to deposit. If we were all profitable players wouldn't we be much more interested in ease of withdrawal? Just sayin, that's all....
  • thanks guys, im just working on getting money onto MB now haha!
  • i don't think mb is a good choice
    alot of people on 2+2 are having issue with MB. mostly hidden charge.
    if your credit card don't work with the site, then probly not gonna work with MB.
  • i don't think mb is a good choice
    alot of people on 2+2 are having issue with MB. mostly hidden charge.
    if your credit card don't work with the site, then probly not gonna work with MB.

Never had a hidden charge on MB.
    They may have been dinged with cash advance fees by their CC company (e.g. PC Mastercard charges 3.75 for a deposit to mb)
  • compuease wrote: »
    ... Never figured why so many here (and on other poker forums) are so facinated with finding easy methods to deposit. If we were all profitable players wouldn't we be much more interested in ease of withdrawal? Just sayin, that's all....

You answered your own question. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You answered your own question. :D

Funny how that is huh Ron.... Lotsa million dollar players but most looking for ways to deposit.... oooo, now I'm gonna get flamed..
    Never had a hidden charge on MB.
    They may have been dinged with cash advance fees by their CC company (e.g. PC Mastercard charges 3.75 for a deposit to mb)
    like $20 went missing when you do withdraw by cheque.
    go to 2+2 and search for MB
    there is alot raising concern with MB
    there is already few threads about MB fraud.
  • Epassporte for deposits imo.

Base $5 charge per is not too bad, as long as you dont deposit every day.

No CC cash advance surcharge since they changed their server to FPS.

The beat is that you cant withdraw through them unless you have a "Special" Epassporte VISA. I just setup accounts throught FTP and stars for mailed cheques.
  • like $20 went missing when you do withdraw by cheque.
    go to 2+2 and search for MB
    there is alot raising concern with MB
    there is already few threads about MB fraud.

Recent posts there indicate the issue has been resolved.
    Looks more like a gltch than fraud.
  • I use UseMyBank to fund my account when I play at PokerInCanada...the good thing about it is that it takes seconds to do so once you have created your account with them and different from MBookers ..you do not have to wait for the transaction...Just a suggestion :)
  • welcome to the forum! (will you post an intro in general chat? kitty=female?)
  • Hi Kristy Thanks for welcoming me ..I will def post an intro, I was just browsing and felt like answering the question...I am a gal...see you around!
  • InstaDebit has instantaneous deposits using your online banking. No account verification is needed, unlike UseMyBank. Only available at some poker sites, however.
  • how quickly can i get a instadebit account created?
  • It's instantaneous at the time of your first purchase.
  • I tried using Moneybookers, not good. I noticed that someone elses credit card appeared on my MB account. Not secure at all. I think using your CC for deposit and withdrawl is the best option and I greatly prefer websites that allow withdrawls to your credit card. It's pretty fast and my TD VISA charges no fees. There are no cash advance fees. I've checked my statement often.
  • i so miss netteller
    i hope some other company can step up
  • i so miss netteller
    i hope some other company can step up

I'm still trying to understand the difference between Netteller and Moneybookers, seems the same to me although I've never needed to fund it...

Only slight brag post...
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm still trying to understand the difference between Netteller and Moneybookers, seems the same to me although I've never needed to fund it...

Only slight brag post...

Yup they are essentially the same.
  • not really
    netteller is use on over 90% of poker site
    moneybooker is not.
    plus my is in CAD
    i'm looking to do some bonus whoring. now having hard time depositing.
  • I was so upset when Neteller cut off Canadians, but then, finally....I discovered InstaDebit.

Like said previously, it is instantaneous!

I looked into everything from Moneybookers to Click2Pay, and InstaDebit was the best by far!
  • not really
    netteller is use on over 90% of poker site
    moneybooker is not.
    plus my is in CAD
    i'm looking to do some bonus whoring. now having hard time depositing.
    Chuckie, that's like saying Visa and Amex are not the same cause alot of places don't take Amex. Not sure what your problem is with moneybookers, but I have never had an issue with them.

I don't know what sites you play on, but most of mine take moneybookers. You must be playing on alot of smaller sites. I play on about 20 sites and atleast 15 of them take moneybookers. Plus my moneybookers is in USD, you should have set yours up that way.
  • BROOKS wrote: »
    I was so upset when Neteller cut off Canadians, but then, finally....I discovered InstaDebit.

Like said previously, it is instantaneous!

I looked into everything from Moneybookers to Click2Pay, and InstaDebit was the best by far!
    Brooks, do you know if InstaDebit can be used by a US$ account?
  • Do you allow transactions from U.S. residents?

No. At this time only Canadian residents can register for INSTADEBIT and transact with merchants.
    ^^^From the Instadebit website.^^^
    Chuckie, that's like saying Visa and Amex are not the same cause alot of places don't take Amex. Not sure what your problem is with moneybookers, but I have never had an issue with them.

I don't know what sites you play on, but most of mine take moneybookers. You must be playing on alot of smaller sites. I play on about 20 sites and atleast 15 of them take moneybookers. Plus my moneybookers is in USD, you should have set yours up that way.
    i play on FTP exclusion so far
    i also have account at mansion poker.
    my problem with MB....it's me stupid and sigup it up in CAD.....
    but a nail down a few site that i want to do bonuswhoring.
    40% take MB, 40% take Epass, 20% credit card.......
    while netteller is on there 95% of the time.
    Brooks, do you know if InstaDebit can be used by a US$ account?
    no usd account for instadebit.
    but.....
    if you deposit in USD. and it will remind in your account as USD.
    they have seperate balance for CAD and USD funds
    so when you sent it to other poker site, you'll not get hit exchange rate.
    they only allow you to connect a CAD account to instadebit.
    when you deposit to your bank account. you'll take a exchange rate hit.
    all service are free.