arctic_wolf_sc5.jpg
Coyote
coyotetop.jpg
Coyote
Coyote%2042054.jpg

Comments

• huh?
    _________
  • Relates to Devin's post about Lac Leamy's poker room. Almost hit a wolf/coyote on the way to Ottawa. Q9 is showing the differences. Nice pics by the way. Generic, or yours?
  • Call me a racist, but they all look the same to me! ;)
  • Well, they ARE both dogs. Other than that . . . .
  • For wolves think big German Shepherds. Like, REAL big. Coyotes are smaller, sort of like spaniels
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Call me a racist, but they all look the same to me! ;)

LMFAO

and they're both confused and potentially dangerous on the road?

I'm going to hell if anyone reads this ghost text.
  • Nice pics - wolves are gorgeous. Also as a hint (other than size), coyotes have long triangular snouts, while wolves are shorter and more "boxy". And if you ever get the chance, watching a pack feed is an amazing experience (especially if you're safely behind a protective barrier ;) ).

As an aside, can somebody post the link to Devin's post, please (missed it).
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Nice pics - wolves are gorgeous. Also as a hint (other than size), coyotes have long triangular snouts, while wolves are shorter and more "boxy". And if you ever get the chance, watching a pack feed is an amazing experience (especially if you're safely behind a protective barrier ;) ).

It's in his journal at http://devinarmstrong.livejournal.com/
  • beanie42 wrote: »

Sorry, I thought I did that in my OP. Yes it was regarding Devin's blog about almost hitting a wolf on his way to Ottawa at 2am.

"So anyway, at around 2 in the morning or so, I was the only car on the highway that takes you from the 401 to Ottawa. I saw a deer standing next to the road, but it decided not to throw itself in front of my car, which I'm pretty sure they're genetically predisposed to do. So that blew my mind, and certainly woke me up. For the rest of the drive North, I kept my eyes on the right shoulder.

And then, out of nowhere from the LEFT, a wolf ran right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and just barely missed it.

So yeah, that's my story, which I guess isn't all that great, but I've never almost hit a wolf before. Someone asked me if it could have been a coyote, but it was grey, not brown, and big and bushy. It was a wolf, no doubt. I'd like to think it's some kind of a sign, when a wolf crosses your path, but it's probably not."
  • Devin who? ???

(seriously, he barely posts here anymore ..you guys can stop lusting over him. Choron is the wave of the future. ;))