I created a NEW poker move...

Get your pens out folks, it's time to take notes. It's not all that often that new moves are added to the game of poker, like once every few decades maybe. But, I have created one.

Its very very tricky, so only good players should attempt.
You have to slowly build and build the pot through not only proper reads, but proper bet sizing. Once you make it to the river, it is time to execute the move...get your opponent to lead into you while you hold what is most likely the nuts and then you fold. I call it.....the value fold.

If you cannot comprehend, please see example that follows:

Seat 1: PASchmidt35 (19,211)
Seat 2: CALL2PARTY (43,418 )
Seat 3: thewink (4,005)
Seat 4: Graydo (45,701)
Seat 6: st0neC0ldNutz (36,609)
Seat 7: khole7 (11,591)
Seat 8: JKruger206 (6,063)
Seat 9: Luji (17,110)
PASchmidt35 antes 150
CALL2PARTY antes 150
thewink antes 150
Graydo antes 150
st0neC0ldNutz antes 150
khole7 antes 150
JKruger206 antes 150
Luji antes 150
Graydo posts the small blind of 600
st0neC0ldNutz posts the big blind of 1,200
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to st0neC0ldNutz [3c 3d]
khole7 calls 1,200
CALL2PARTY: wow sicky
JKruger206 has 15 seconds left to act
JKruger206 folds
Graydo: lol
Luji calls 1,200
PASchmidt35 folds
CALL2PARTY folds
thewink folds
Graydo calls 600
st0neC0ldNutz checks
*** FLOP *** [9d 3h 7c]
Graydo checks
st0neC0ldNutz checks
khole7 checks
Luji checks
*** TURN *** [9d 3h 7c] [6h]
Graydo bets 4,800
st0neC0ldNutz has 15 seconds left to act
st0neC0ldNutz calls 4,800
khole7 folds
Luji folds
*** RIVER *** [9d 3h 7c 6h] [6s]
Graydo has 15 seconds left to act
Graydo bets 8,400
st0neC0ldNutz has 15 seconds left to act
st0neC0ldNutz is sitting out
st0neC0ldNutz has timed out
st0neC0ldNutz folds
Uncalled bet of 8,400 returned to Graydo
Graydo mucks
Graydo wins the pot (15,600)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 15,600 | Rake 0
Board: [9d 3h 7c 6h 6s]
Seat 1: PASchmidt35 folded before the Flop
Seat 2: CALL2PARTY folded before the Flop
Seat 3: thewink (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Graydo (small blind) collected (15,600), mucked
Seat 6: st0neC0ldNutz (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 7: khole7 folded on the Turn
Seat 8: JKruger206 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Luji folded on the Turn

Please leave your accolades for this new move in the thread, and if you use this move in your game, be sure to throw some credit my way.

Thanks.

Comments

• hahahahahaah it's nice to see you deal with it in a good manner tho
  • net problems?
  • You need to raise the turn here. 4 players to the flop & turn, with 2 players left to act behind you, that is not a board to be slowplaying. IMO, too much straight potential.

I often see guys slowplay their set, only to get rivered by a flush or straight & then complain. If you're going to complain (not you, players in general) when your set gets rivered, then you need to protect your hand on a board with flush &/or scary straight potential.
  • HP_John wrote: »
    You need to raise the turn here. 4 players to the flop & turn, with 2 players left to act behind you, that is not a board to be slowplaying. IMO, too much straight potential.

I often see guys slowplay their set, only to get rivered by a flush or straight & then complain. If you're going to complain (not you, players in general) when your set gets rivered, then you need to protect your hand on a board with flush &/or scary straight potential.

lol your post is even funnier than the first one...
    oh man...
  • Actually I agree, if you raise enough to get all in on the turn, your timeout on the river won't affect you, the pot will still be yours... Gotta plan for these things...
  • Yeah, so what happened was I typed in a raise amount on the river, and then hit enter and it beeped signaling an improper raise, somehow, my bet was missing the last zero, in a panic, I tried to re-enter the number - not even considering that I should hit the time bank button (which I dont think i have ever really used) - so I just f'ed it up and all of a sudden the pot is being shipped the wrong way - and I was pissed, but within a few mins was laughing at my donk play for the whole hand, never mind the river.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    lol your post is even funnier than the first one...
    oh man...

What's so funny? The 2nd part of my post was just talking in general, not to this specific hand. I'm saying I see too many players who always insist on slowplaying a set, then whine about how unlucky they were when someone hits a straight or flush (& they don't hit a boat).
  • similar thing happened to me on full tilt yesterday during a sng game. the difference was that full tilt was to blame (they emailed and said they were having technical issues), and it wasn't just one hand but over half of the entire game. i was practically blinded out when finally everything started working again (i was down to less than 9 BBs by then). worst part was it didn't seem to effect everyone (one guy was fine and just kept stealing everyone elses blinds).

i ended up finishing 4th (out of the money) despite a valiant attempt at a comeback. i emailed full tilt about the issue and received what seemed to be an automative response. i have emailed them again (since i strongly feel that i deserve to be compensated since it was their admitted fault for the issues). i have yet to hear back yet.

i'm just a little pissed off because i really like full tilt, but if i'm not compensated for my loss due to their admitted technical issues, i think i'll be forced to take my money else where.
  • I have value folded a few times in my life. Never live thankfully. Usually due to net issues never to scrambling a raise amount. I think BBC value folded live in Las Vegas once. I didn't realize it had that name "Value Fold" :)
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I didn't realize it had that name "Value Fold" :)

Well that is what I have coined it...forever immortalized in the depth's of Canada's Poker Forum. Yeeehaww.
  • Villian obv has quads. Good fold.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Villian obv has quads. Good fold.

Your insights have been tremendous lately. That's almost as good as telling tyson to fold the river when he's all in :)
  • That was intentional because the only thing he should do differently would be to jam the chips back in his pocket on the turn and make a break for the door.